Sign in to follow this  
IthacaJeff

lawn boy help

IthacaJeff

Hi guys;

I've got this lawn boy push mower, gold series, 4 stroke. I rarely mow with it, just around

the flower beds. But recently, after mowing for 5-10 minutes it starts making a bit of a

whining metallic sound and will eventually stall out. It won't start again because I can

barely pull the pull start. It is like the propeller shaft has swollen in the bearings and won't

turn. After the thing cools down it is good to go.

Any ideas?

Jeff

6wheeler

Sounds to me like your splasher either came off or broke. You are not getting any oil into the bearings and she tightens up. Or, if you are using multi weight oil? Stop it and put in straight weight.

IthacaJeff

Thanks 6wheeler. I wasn't sure why no one had responded to this before, I was sure that someone knew right off hand

what was going on.

Anyway, it is a 2-stroke with gas/oil mix and I use LawnBoy 2 cycle oil. I did a search online and came across a thread

about the internal break that stops the blade when the engine go handle is released may be tightening up. Anyone

hear of this?

Jeff

6wheeler

Thanks 6wheeler. I wasn't sure why no one had responded to this before, I was sure that someone knew right off hand

what was going on.

Anyway, it is a 2-stroke with gas/oil mix and I use LawnBoy 2 cycle oil. I did a search online and came across a thread

about the internal break that stops the blade when the engine go handle is released may be tightening up. Anyone

hear of this?

Jeff

Sorry Jeff. In the first post you had 4 stroke and you threw me. Ok then, thats possible. You may want to PM Ryan(RyDogg) He is a LB fan and has several mowers so he may have a better idea of what to look for.