Sign in to follow this  
BPjunk

Checking out Wheel Horse dealers in California

BPjunk

I have a dealer to check out in central California as I hear it may have Wheel Horse gold. B) Did not find much in Reno, NV BUT I did learn ..... uh well I do know I read the sign correctly ...... AND IT DID SAY MUSEAM ...... BUT apparently a Mustang Ranch Museam does not have horses :whistle: :horseplay:

Be back soon

Wild Bill ... way out west

Buzz

apparently a Mustang Ranch Museam does not have horses :whistle: :horseplay:

Be back soon

Wild Bill ... way out west

I dunno, when I was there I saw a bunch of cute little fillys..... B) Yes guys, like Redd Foxx said:" I'm a dirty old man and I'm gonna stay thay way until I'm a dead old man" B) YEEEEHAAAA :horseplay: Ride 'em Cowboy......

BPjunk

Hummmmmm and did Wild Bill find any Wheel Horse red gold in central California???? :banghead:B)

Ya' bet yer last dollar he did!

Coming from the east coast and knowing what the "Vally Region" of California looks like ...... I had a few doubts about finding Wheel Horses but this dealer has sold Wheel Horses since the early 60's. I was told that RJ-58's are in the area below Sacramento, CA by this dealer as he proved this by showing me one right on his show room floor!!! :whistle: The Wheel Horse dealership is called Bechtolds Tractor and owned by a second generation of the Bechtold family. We recived the grand tour of the dealership including the Wheel Horse section of the parts department (big mistake on their part), many pictures were taken including one a 1964 model 1045 (quite a rare peice for any state let alone California!). At lunch time we went to a In and Out burger joint, these are quite good eatin places and very big out west. :)

One of the interesting points I learned was that most of the Wheel Horse tractors out here were not sold with a mower deck ...... the most used attachmnet is a rear mounted tiller! I was told unless you wanted to cut cow paddies you bought the tiller. B) Every GT-14 and D series I saw had a three point hitch. <_<

On the parts shelves I did find a pair of N.O.S. hydraulic hoses for my HY-2 pump ..... including the fittings!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: A ignition switch with horse head key for my 754 was also included in my shopping cart.

Now ifn's some one is looking for the return spring in a HY-2 or -3 pump jus' let me know as this dealer still has one on the shelf! :banghead:B):banghead:B):o

Wild Bill in Virginia ....... Virginia City, Nevada that is! :banghead:

bustedglass

Great finds Wild Bill. Sounds like you are having a good vacation. Have a safe trip, and update us when you return B) ......

linen beige

Now ifn's some one is looking for the return spring in a HY-2 or -3 pump jus' let me know as this dealer still has one on the shelf! B)B)B):whistle::banghead:

Wild Bill in Virginia ....... Virginia City, Nevada that is! B)

I NEED one of the springs before I burn up the pump by forgetting to center the handle. P.M. me with details if you can.

Brrly1

Hey Bill I need one for the 854 if there is an extra!! Burly

Kelly

Hey Bill if any are left I need one, but I see 2 guys in front of me.