Sign in to follow this  
tibadoe

Deck adjustment help

tibadoe

Installing my 42" rear discharge deck today on my 314-8. All went well but having problems with the "Transport Height Adjustment".

When deck is raised all the way up and lever is in latched position the rear bumpers are still about 1" away from touching under footrests.

My questions is how do you get to the trunnion on the eyebolt to make adjustments? I can't really even see it. I must be doing something wrong.

I will post some pics when I am done.

Thanks

Don1977

You will have a better chance of see it with the lift all the way down. Then you will have to pull clip remove it from the trunninon to make the adjustment. That why I like my 1977 C-Series it's alot easer to get to then the newer models.

tibadoe

Thanks. I will see if I can get to the pin. Maybe I will luck out.

Forest Road

There's an easier way to tighten your trunion. Remove the panel behind the trunion on the dash tower, my ignition switch iis there on my tractor. You'll see the top of the trunion. Get a ratchet with the right socket and extension and your all set. Tighten it up several turns and you should fine.

BOWTIE

HELLO, THERE IS ANOTHER WAY. YOU CAN GO BEHIND THE BATTERY THERE IS A OPENING THERE. LOWER THE DECK AND USE A RATCHET WITH A 9/16" DEEP WELL SOCKET AND 12"-18" EXTENSION ON THE EYE BOLT TRUNION. YOU CAN LOOSEN THE BATTERY HOLDOWN IF NEEDED.

BOWTIE IN OHIO

tibadoe

I tried both ways to make the adjustment - using ext behind battery and removing dash panel. Both worked great. Only took a few minutes and got it adjusted without problem.

Thanks