Sign in to follow this  
Lane Huls

Techumseh H60

Lane Huls

I have a family friend that has a H60 that runs great and looks nice, id just like to know what all wheel horses it will fit, and also a ballpark estimate on what its worth. Thanks in advance guys! Oh and i know that some are recoil and electric start, im 99% sure its a recoil only hw does one get it to be electric start also?

SousaKerry

Most of the h60 were used on the short frame tractors from the 60's such as the 605,655,604,654...

For instance a 655 is

6 horse power

5 for electric start

5 for year of manufacture 1965

As for converting an engine you would need the flywheel starter engine shroud magneto charging circuit. All not real easy to get unless you have a donor motor

what size is the crankshaft?

pfrederi

Is it an H60 or HH60? Some oft the HH60s (especially later ones) came with flywheels that had ring gears, some even had shrouds with a bump out for the starter pinion. ( Blocked out but there). If it has a ring gear it is easy to add electric start not bothering with a charging system. I have it on my L-107 that had a recoil start replacement HH70 motor. I have to recharge the battery about every 2 months on the summer and I do it monthly in the winter...but much easier than yanking the rope.