5 Point Major w/16 total dogs, 2 Ch. + 4 GCh. Defeated

Monmouth County Kennel Club

Freehold, NJ - 05/26/2012

Indy_bob-FreeholdNJ-Major.jpg

Indy-BOB-Freehold-01.jpg

Here's the GQ magazine shot! LOL

Indy-BOB-FreeholdNJ-20120526-05.jpg

nylyon

That is a beautiful dog Mike, not sure what all the acronyms mean, but it sounds like you did well, congratulations!

AMC RULES

That dog looks mighty proud of you Mike...congrats to you both.

squonk

Woof! :bow-blue: :thumbs:

312Hydro

Sharp looking dog! I see it had some real competition too. That must not have been easy, congrats! :text-bravo:

Jake Kuhn

That sure is one beautiful dog Mike. :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: Jake

MikesRJ

Thanks guys. The competition was a total of 17 dogs entered, including Indy. The #2, #3 and #5 Malamutes in the country were entered in this one, and it damn near made my knees buckle when the judge pulled us out of the lineup for Best of Breed. Very special day!

Lars

Mike u have a realy nice Dog :bow-blue: Congrats whit it.... :)

buckrancher

GREAT JOB INDY :bow-blue::text-bravo:

now if you can train him to restore wheel-horse's you'll really have something :ychain:

Brian

JimD

A handsome lad indeed. Now if ya could just "spruce up" the owner a little... :ychain:

MikesRJ

Brian, The dog would rather play in the mud than with rusty red tractos; and Jim, the owners too far gone for any restoration work to do any good to him! LOL

MikesRJ

Sharp looking dog! I see it had some real competition too. That must not have been easy, congrats! :text-bravo:

Karl, This is for your benefit:

17 total malamute entered in competition, of which Indy was 1 of 3 Champions (Ch.), and there were 4 Grand Champions (GCh.) also competing. Taking Best of Breed means he was chosen #1 over the other 16 dogs in competition, and because of the high number of dogs, the win was worth 5 Grand Champion points (the highest awarded by the AKC in a single competition).

Grand Champion status is awarded to a dog who 1) Has already been awarded their Champion status, 2) Attains 25 GCh points, 3) Wins 3 Majors (wins of 3 to 5 points, i.e. must beat a large number of dogs in a single competition), and 4) Must receive all points under at least 4 different judges.

This was Indy's first weekend out competing as a Champion, and was up against very serious competition (#2, #3 and #5 ranked dogs in the US were there). Winning here, he now has 5 GCh points, 1 Major win, under 1 Judge. Just about 20% of his GCh requirement completed from this win alone. That said, Westminster Kennel Club Show at Madison Square Garden is not out of the question for this year (February 2013)!

stevasaurus

Congratulations Mike and Indy. I hope you returned that suit in time so you did not have to buy it. :) :) :) :) :)

• Like 1

MikesRJ

Steve, it was so damn hot and muggy that day, had it been a rental suit, I would have returned it with an extra 8 lbs of weight due to the sweat water in it. It is currently at the dry cleaners getting ready for the next show at the end of this month in PA.

• Like 1

dclarke

Well done Mike and Indy! :thumbs: