Sign in to follow this  
TT

The thanks you get?

TT

I posted the Gravely 408 at the GTS site. Here's what I found today:

http://gardentractorswap.com/index.php?topic=718.0

I have 10 or 12 hours labor in this tractor on top of a new mower belt, bearing, and seal, plus a new battery, full service, front inner tube, and I actually mowed with it for about an hour and I know it works great.

Am I way off base for asking for a little money for my time? B)

I got $300 for a 1975 WH B-80 (with a 36" deck) that I paid $80 for from the junkman, replaced the engine, rebuilt a mower deck, and fixed many other issues - including the wiring. Was that wrong too? :whistle:

kj4kicks

A newbie with 2 posts (both on that thread) gripes about "how you always..."

That is obsurd ! :wtf:

He should wash his hands, well maybe not.... I doubt he ever got his dirty. B)

Don't worry TT, we still love ya !

Sparky

Hmmm...$300 seems real fair for a name brand tractor( not a MTD or Murray).

The guy musta been off his medicine B) .

Mike...........

Curmudgeon

Hard to do TT, but don't let the idiots get to you.

Here's what we think! :group: You be the red one in the chair!!!

Whenever I answer a question, with a legitimate answer, I've usually spent a fair amount of time going through manuals for that answer. You make far more GREAT posts with GREAT answers than I could ever hope to. You got the knowledge, I just have papers.

What does that have to do with your question? Not much I suppose, just want you to know you ARE appreciated by those who know you.

Kelly

I know a guy near me that fixes MTD junk, and sells them for that, and more, so I think you are asking a fair price, no matter what you paid or didn't pay for it, to make a buck is how I do things, I help people out too, but I have to fund my hobby some how.

MaineDad

Don't let that bother you. He's trolling for someone to fight with. He's not worth your time B)

Rollerman

TT that guy is way off base...So what...look at the original thread!

Two beat up Gravely's & look what you have done with it....$300 seems like a steal.

That pic of them in your 1st thread looks nothing like what your trying to sell currently.

Wonder if we can figure out who it is.....send a "Mack" present. :whistle:

For what it's worth there are sellers on ebay that "jake" there prices...we all know that.

This guy is confused to think your in that click.

To be honest I've been kinda avoiding that site. B)

I agree with Dale's smilie thing...not to pat your back...but you have helped countless members here save money with there projects with your helpfull info & good descriptions...maybe you should consider a 1-900-ASK-TT$$

kpinnc

Apparently, the reply has been deleted.

The thread shows 0 replies now???

Kevin

Rollerman

Do we have a member here who is a mod over there? B)

DMESS

Dang TT, who do you think you are trying to make an honest buck? B)

Some peoples kids. <_<

TT

The coast is clear, guys. :whistle:

I "talked" Jas and he cleared things up.

A member at GTS named "upstatehorse" was giving me a bag of crap about jacking the price way up on a tractor that I paid less than $100 for. The parts I bought and installed, and the hours I spent turning it back into a functional machine apparently didn't make the Gravely worth any more than I paid for it. B)

KyBlue

Heck TT Im suprised you dont send us a bill for all the help you give around here.... The post above was right... your the lil red guy... Im grateful for all the time and help youve given me since Ive been a member here!

perry

dont sweat the small stuff TT. i had a joker trying make me feel bad for parting out that nice little $75 gravely 408 i won on ebay. i told him he should of bid on it then B) . i pulled the kohler and put it on my commando 8. and sold the rest off.

i must admit thou, i do have a hard time parting out some of the tractors i do :whistle: .

combatmp29r

At leaste JAS took care of you TT. The A@#h#$% who was trollin for a fight probably doesn't even know which end of the tractor to put the gas in. B)

TT

Apparently he doesn't know how many FRIENDS I have either. B):whistle:B)

Thanks guys! B)

mcwh1950

hope he change he used name from upstatehorse. because that is one name that willn't be forgotten soon on red square.

combatmp29r

nope and since he linked to the original thread from here he may be a member. Hope for his sake he used a different screen name here B) . Course he could just be one of those lurkers :whistle: B)

KyBlue

Time for a good ole fashioned : :horseplay: B) :whistle:

TT

It's OK, fellers......

The Wheel Horse Mafia is currently on the job. B):whistle: B)

combatmp29r

I thought I saw the red car pull out of the Garage this morning B) :whistle:

Curmudgeon

Apparently he doesn't know how many FRIENDS I have either. B):whistle:B)

Thanks guys! B)

I'll just say, YUP!

Jim_M

TT,

If you were closer, I would have it sold for you. There's a guy down the road that is into Gravelys. He must have 20 of them that run and another 2 tons or so in his parts pile. He buys about anything as long as it says Gravely on it.

Even if a guy just needed something to mow with, $300.00 sounds more than fair for that tractor.

Jim

catman81056

Thats a nice looking tractor TT, and since you are the one that R&R'ed(Repaired, Revived) it I think its worth every penny B) Most people on these other sites just don't know your rep.

You have to be one of the most thorough and knoledgable people that I know of when it comes to WH's or any other garden tractor.

Your dedication and enthusiasm to WH tractors can be seen when you roll up your sleeve, most people just don't have the "nads" to go that far.

linen beige

I guess he's never heard that it is better to look a fool than to open your mouth and confirm it.

TT

SOLD! B)

(we still need an extended middle finger smilie on here. :whistle: )