Sign in to follow this  
squonk

Least favorite lawn chore

squonk

Here's mine. The bushes from hell!!icon_mfhide.gif These mull berry bushes were bare 2 weeks ago. I cut them back last fall with my Sthil hedge buster. Thing is a bear to use. I maintain them with a B&D cordless. I have trimmed these son of a guns 4 times in the last 2 weeks. I did them this past Sat. and you can see how they look in four days. Heat and humidity hits and VOOOOM!! Lots of fun with allergy season in full song. These things are ridiculous. We had a drunk steal a car one night and mowed them all down. They didn't miss a beat. Couldn't even get anything from the guy for damages. He didn't hut anything! I hate them but they are a necessary evil since I'm so close to the main highway and need a buffer. Wheel Horse should have made some kind of hedge trimming equipment. Maybe a modified sickle bar for the C-160!! :) :)

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

AMC RULES

My least favorite lawn chore is the fall leaves, leaves...and leaves. Pretty much hate 'em for all the work involved.

At least back in the day you could rake 'em into a big pile and burn 'em all to death.

Ahh...the good ol' days, does anyone remember burning leaves in the hood?

bowtiebutler956

My least favorite chores, are anything I can't do with my :wh: !! :ROTF:

Matt :flags-texas:

Wheel Horse Kid

I am with you on that one!

Ken B

I'm with Craig On the leaves, I hate em! I have a 9hp Little Wonder and a high output Stihl back pack blower. They make life easier but I still hate gettin rid of the leaves. Oh, getting rid of the dog muffins is a close second! :ychain:

• Like 1

kloe0699

I have 2 huge willow trees in my yard. So I would say picking up willow branches on almost a daily basis would get the nod. Any time it rains, snows or the wind blows you pick up branches. And I can't use a wheel horse for that. :ychain:

squonk

I don't mind the leaves too much. I love the fall, allergies are gone. I use a blower to get them out of the nooks and crannies. Grind them up with the C-160 and then get the 704 and sweeper out and sweep them up and dump in the garden. Seat time! :thumbs: :)

• Like 1

can whlvr

i just blow the leaves with the 42side into the bush,and for branches i just run them over with the mower and make mulch,even bigger ones

• Like 2

6wheeler

Poop scoopin boogie :snooty: ...... I hate it. I will clean my brooder house with no problems. Why can't the dog do it :laughing-rofl: . As far as the leaves are concerned? If God wants them moved ?, HE can do it :greetings-clappingyellow:. Otherwise, they can wait til I mow in the spring..... Nuff said. Pat

• Like 1

CRE1992

i just blow the leaves with the 42side into the bush,and for branches i just run them over with the mower and make mulch,even bigger ones

I bet that does wonders for your blades ! :ychain:

rydogg

I agree with wheeler when we were kids dad called it doggie doodle day we had to throw it over a 6 foot high fence into the field out back needless to say the fence got the occasional doggie doodle decoration.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Not really a lawn chore, but for me it is cleaning the gutters. I have a couple of big maples that drop stuff about 4 times through the year, and if I do not get after it, I have water coming over the top. Oh and it is usually raining when I have to get after it. :bow-blue:

c161rat

I hate Picking up sticks!!!!!!! I have over 150 trees on my property and have to pick up sticks everytime before I mow.....A close second would be the leaves.....

c161rat

Here's mine. The bushes from hell!!icon_mfhide%20.gif These mull berry bushes were bare 2 weeks ago. I cut them back last fall with my Sthil hedge buster. Thing is a bear to use. I maintain them with a B&D cordless. I have trimmed these son of a guns 4 times in the last 2 weeks. I did them this past Sat. and you can see how they look in four days. Heat and humidity hits and VOOOOM!! Lots of fun with allergy season in full song. These things are ridiculous. We had a drunk steal a car one night and mowed them all down. They didn't miss a beat. Couldn't even get anything from the guy for damages. He didn't hut anything! I hate them but they are a necessary evil since I'm so close to the main highway and need a buffer. Wheel Horse should have made some kind of hedge trimming equipment. Maybe a modified sickle bar for the C-160!! :) :)

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

Here we go round the mulberry bush......the mulberry bush......the mulberry bush.....here we go round the mulberry bush.....so early in the morning......unless were drunk and steal a car then just drive through them!!!!!!....La La La!!!!!!
  • Like 1

dcrage

Heh Guys -- Don is right -- Sticks are no match for Wheel Horse decks and blades -- What is the stick picking up that you are talking about?? -- Now the logs that my daughter's dog wants to play tug with, those I have to move

AMC RULES

Not really a lawn chore, but for me it is cleaning the gutters. I have a couple of big maples that drop stuff about 4 times through the year, and if I do not get after it, I have water coming over the top. Oh and it is usually raining when I have to get after it. :bow-blue:

Your luck with ladders Steve, I don't blame you one bit. :ychain:

stevasaurus

Right on Craig...a lot of up and down for me doing this, but I would much rather have the wife visiting me in the hospital then me visiting her. Can you imagine the wrath of her fury if that was the case. :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue::) :) :) :) :)

can whlvr

as for logs or really big branches i use the 308 with the dozer blade and push them aside,and ya cre,its probally not great for the blades,but its better than using her a stump grinder,which i have done also,with a rotten cedar trunk,but it was huge,i wouldnt do it again but it did work

AMC RULES

I'm with Craig On the leaves, I hate em! Oh, getting rid of the dog muffins is a close second! :ychain:

I don't know Ken, at this point...I'm kinda sorta thinkin' those dog muffins trump fall leaf duty any day of the week.

Especially those ripe one's that happen during the dog days of summer. Nothing beats a shovel full of PEW!

Paul D.

yeah, The dog poo is the worst! Although when our Lab was a pup and he ate the kids sidewalk chalk it was kinda like finding easter eggs :banana-rainbow:

• Like 3

AMC RULES

...when our Lab was a pup and he ate the kids sidewalk chalk it was kinda like finding easter eggs :banana-rainbow:

:ROTF:

specialwheelhorse

Well my wife bless her takes care of the Doo Doo and anything that

don't feel like a steering wheel is bad news to me any more.I just love

to mulch sticks with my mower, saves buying mulch at the D_PO