Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

New England / Mid-Atlantic Meet and Greet?

nylyon

I was telling my wife about the Kelly's Meet and Greet and she said "Why don't you have one here?" Of course I showed her the pictures of all the horses and ...... B) But that does bring up the question, what is the interest in a New England / Mid-Atlantic meet and greet?

Teddy da Bear

What is the interest????? Pssssst....I will take "wheel horses" for $500 Alex! B)

The trick is to plan it for a time when there are no other tractor shows or events to distract people away from your event. You know best about what is going on in your area.

Someone also needs to come up with a new "smiley". One that holds up a sign for "Meet & Greet".

MaineDad

I'll bring some lobsters :whistle:

Maybe we can do a plow day too. We can use your backyard Karl B)

Teddy da Bear

Seriously....wouldn't that be k-ewl???

Have a springtime plow-day meet & greet! Someone who normally puts in a big garden. The group would in fact being reinacting a part of history. As neighbors used to gather on farms with the larger tractors of course. And they would all plow the fields to help out and get done quicker.

The group of course could do it on a smaller scale....with their smaller tractors.

Couldn't you just imagine 5 or 6 wheel horses in line one after the other? One in the lead and the others following with their wheels in the former furrows...lol

I am game for a nearby plow day!

kj4kicks

Sounds good to me Karl! :horseplay: I guess I owe you one, since you've already been to my place. Spring, summer, fall, doesn't matter to me. If it hits on his weekend off, I'm sure I can drag DMESS along...

Guys, not sure Karl would want us plowing up his C-160 manicured lawn LOL.

T-Mo

What? Did someone say Karl's having a plow day in his back yard? He was wanting to get a tiller, so I guess with a plow day he wouldn't need one. Now I just need to get a plow and plan the trip to NY. B)

Teddy da Bear

Tiller or disc is good....he still will want to break up the clumps.

Sparky

You can count me in!

Mike.........

Rollerman

Karl I wish the distance wasn't so great.

Be really cool to meet you...all things considered you are to Red Square what Cecil was to Horses. B) ...LOL

Anyways you will enjoy the company & the turnout I bet.

DMESS

Road trip to Karls! :banana: