Sign in to follow this  
KyBlue

House Hunting

KyBlue

I thought I'd share this with all of my buds over here on RS.

I've been in search of a house for a lil while now, and I think Ive found one that MIGHT suit my needs. haha

Heres a couple a photo's

IMG_4959.jpg

IMG_4958.jpg

IMG_4960.jpg

IMG_4968.jpg

The inside can be seen here :

House Hunt Photos

Its got a 30x40 2 bay Garage, a 3 bent barn (that i couldnt find) and a 3br 2ba 1.5 Story house with a pretty good deck as you can see from above. Oh and its on almost 10 acres

Sparky

Hmmm....its got red paint on the garage walls allready B) . Maybe a Wheel horse collector lived there before :whistle: .

Good lookin place and it sounds like plenty of room for horse tinkering.

Mike............

KyBlue

Horse Tinkering yes... Its the other hobby, auto restoration that I need the barn for, the shop is moving with me. We'd rather pay part of my house payment, than 1500 a month for the place we got now.

Rollerman

Looks pretty nice...I like the porch. B)

Looks very nie & clean inside too.

Going to need to do some brush cutting though to get to that barn...maybe a bigger tractor with a bush hog?

10 acres would give the horses a lot of room to roam too.

nylyon

Looks nice, plenty of horse storage and hey, there's 2 for sale on my block ifn' you're looking to get to NY, one is right next door!

KyBlue

that'd be a bit of a drive to work, thou I do Love snow!! Hmmmm

I guess I'll have to buy the Tree Pruner Attachment - or just flat buy the dang chain saw Ive been eye ballin...

mcwh1950

nice place scott. go for it because you are only young one time in life, like you said. now is the time to spend money like crazy. good luck on it. B) :whistle:

perry

looks pretty decent :whistle: . and plenty of room to expand with 10 acres B)

KyBlue

thanks for the comments ya'll!!

Ill be touring the house and property with the realator on wed night, so expect some photos...maybe even a video. there are some things that have to be done for it to pass the FHA inspection... Steps at the back doors, Guttering over the doors, just little stuff mostly.

It was a older couple that owned the house/property - their kids dont want it, so its been sitting empty for at least a year.

They have to put in a septic system before hte house can be sold...dont ask where it goes now...

There is a barn there, but the realtor didnt bother to visit it, so she couldnt tell me anything about it. Im not about to drive 60 miles tmw nite, and then again to meet the realtor... so i'll just wait.

Keep ya'll Posted!

Oh theres soembody that will buy either part of or all the acreage.. he wants to run cattle on it, but im thinking about asking IF he'll lease the land instead, to help make the house payment! HA! Get him to pay part of my mortgage! haha

KyBlue

Well we got in to see the place yesterday. Its pretty nice, the bedrooms are small.

there is a basement under all but the den which is an addition to the house done about 10 years ago. The basement is in really good condition, with this HUGE old wood burning stove which heats the whole house, looks something like a octopus.. all these huge tubes and pipes running out from a rather large central mass..

The Roof was redone when they put on the addition, but it there is some visible rot around the chimney, and you can see the water marks on the inside. The only bad spot is up around the chimney thou.

The only other MAJOR problem that I found, was one of the basement walls is getting pushed in, just in one spot, and its probably from a tree Root.. but it would still have to be fixed, and since you cannot get to the outside of the wall (its under the new addition) would require supporting the house, removing the block, etc etc etc. I have a couple friends in the construction business, I'll see what they have to say.

The barn is a bit of a let down, its all grown up, but the barn itself is in really good shape. a bit far from the house, might consider moving it. The roof is supported by four posts running floor to ceiling, which really cuts up the inside, to make it really useable, would need to put in new posts at the walls, and run a beam across to support the roof. Its structurally sound for now, just not as a garage..maybe nice place to store a WH collection! Haha

The Garage is in good shape, it needs new Garage doors thou, but other than that, the roof is fairly new (probably done at the same time as the house) the inside floor is in decent shape, with no major cracks, or anything. It isnt all sloping off like some of the floors Ive seen. I think with some new windows and doors, a lil paint, some major pruning itd be a good looking garage..

We'll see thou, still on the hunt!

Nick

Looks like your house hunt is still going ok. Maybe the wall project will turn out to be an easy fix. B) Sounds like the house has an old gravity feed wood furnace. If it is good condition thay have a nice constant warm heat and with the way propane has went up you might be ahead with that one.

Teddy da Bear

My grandparents had one of those octopuss like stoves in the basement. I think it was meant to burn coal at first. Then grandpa burnt about anything and everything in it....lol

KyBlue

Well after talking with some people who do that kinda work (thankfully they are friends)

Fixing the basement wall should'nt be all that hard, we'll see thou, still on the hunt!!