Sign in to follow this  
Prater

Black Widows

Prater

Any good remedies for keeping the little bastards out of my stuff? I just killed 12 more tonight around a rock wall, I killed 5 yesterday around the wall and 3 around my tractors. I have spread bug killer around the yard and suspect areas but these pests keep intruding...

Butch

Do they have a red hour glass on their bellies?

Prater

Yes, they are widows. Having a father-in-law that taught biology for 20 plus years, I know the scientific name of every plant in my yard...

Bdavid1122

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/permethrin-sfr-368-quart-p-445.html

This is what I use, great stuff. You can spry it around a porch light,and your home, you will be bug free for week. I have seen it kill spiders on contact.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

AMC RULES

http://www.dollargen...ductId=11786563

This stuff will make short work of 'em. :thumbs:

Cheap, kills on contact, and works especially good to keep those rock walls clean too.

• Like 1

Horse'n Around

Man I hate those things. Ive been nailed by a few of them.They leave me feeling like I have the flu for a while. That was when I was a bodyman . Now I find that they seem to enjoy taking up residence up under my Wheel Horses :angry-fire: . I got rid of them for the most part by spraying with Ortho that I got at Walmart. I got it in a gallon and it has a neat battery operated sprayer that works great. It also helps with scorpions too but they are a bit more testy and painful I might add, especially the darned little ones! I hate scorpions even more! They really hurt!! :angry-screaming: The few times I got nailed by scorpions were in a house that I was renting. It was infested. I felt those stings for a good 8 to 10 hrs. Luckily on both counts my reactions to them are not very severe just painful and no fun .

I hope your able to rid yourself of them soon,

John

JamesBe1

OMG! It freaks me out every time I hear about them. I have a sister in TX, and I can't understand why anyone would want to live in a place where the wildlife was so hostile. I must be spoiled from living in the northeast. The worst we really have around here is ticks and mosquitos.

Although some of the snakes can be worrysome. And yes, we even have the odd rattlesnake up this way.

varosd

there are black widows here in the mid atlantic region but nothing like back in San antonio, TX!

wheelhorsec85

i use brake clean in a areosel can kills very quick :deadhorse: and the brake clean evaporates fast .works on any critter period . ever get a drop in your eye while spraying it to clean brakes off stings like a bitc$. :scared-ghostface:

• Like 1

6wheeler

I use Buggslayer insecticide here in Mn. We don't have Black Widows but we have alot of other spiders and those Damn Asian Beetles and Box Elder bugs. It is kind of expensive but it works. A 4oz. Bottle is $10.00. But, it is a concentrate that you mix with water. Spray the walls "OUTSIDE" or on plants "OUTSIDE". I put it along the bottom of the siding, and around the windows and doors. Anywhere the little heathens can get in. If you get it on them they drop like a rock, so it does work on contact. It dries on the house or whatever and stays there for a couple of months and when the intended targets walk through it? Well, lets just say, its just a matter of time :teasing-whipyellow: . I put it on when its warm during the day and the critters are out. That way, when they are looking for a place to hide at night? Surprise :teasing-neener: and its feet in the air time. Gets the ones that may have already been in before application, When they come out :violin::banana-guitar: . Thats my :twocents-mytwocents: