Sign in to follow this  
kthack657

smelly garage

kthack657

You know something goes wrong when the hubbie comes to the back door (wont come in) and says I need you to run to the store and get kitty litter...I just screwed up the garage floor and my garage shoes...then as I walk outside there is a strong chemical smell...my first thought "did you spill the aircraft grade paint stripper" his response "no I spilt the carb cleaner all over the floor, the garage stinks, and it ate the sealant from the floor." SMH hope it airs out before this weekend

AMC RULES

Might want to leave some windows open until the fumes dissipate.

bowtiebutler956

Nothing worse than a smelly garage. :ROTF:

Matt :flags-texas:

312Hydro

You know something goes wrong when the hubbie comes to the back door (wont come in) and says I need you to run to the store and get kitty litter...I just screwed up the garage floor and my garage shoes...then as I walk outside there is a strong chemical smell...my first thought "did you spill the aircraft grade paint stripper" his response "no I spilt the carb cleaner all over the floor, the garage stinks, and it ate the sealant from the floor." SMH hope it airs out before this weekend

At least it WASN'T the aircraft grade paint stripper! :ychain:

stevebo

opps....

kthack657

definately glad it wasnt that, but was hoping to get to hear the little 62 Lawn ranger come to life...oh well...and as for the opening of the windows..it is rainy humid muggy so I dont know if it will help :(

312Hydro

Good thing it's on the floor and not you. That carb cleaner is nasty on skin. Don't ask how I know!

jimt1971

I am looking for a gallon of Berryman carb cleaner. The stuff that really stinks but works good. Plus it takes the paint off your garage floor. Thank God this stuff was a little old so it was not a potent as it could have been.

kthack657

he did get some on him, but he is no worse for wear :D

Jake Kuhn

That is not good that that happened. Glad to hear Jim did not get it all over him though. Jake

JimD

Soounds like a close call. Glad everyone is ok. Maybe you could use a fan or two to draw the fumes out.