Sign in to follow this  
MalMac

Hour Meter

MalMac

I have got to replace a hour meter and I have found good replacements but I do not know what the

VDC number means. it appears that the number is a range of some sort. Example would be say

30-80VDC. I think the one that came off the tractor was 4-40VDC. Almost think it's a volt or amp range.

Anyway anybody know?

Forest Road

That's Volts DC.

BOWTIE

HELLO, THE VDC STANDS FOR( VOLTS) -DC IS (DIRECT CURRENT). YOU NEED ONE FOR 12 VOLT DC POWER SUPPLY. TRACTORS,CARS ARE DC POWER AND HOME CURRENT IS AC (ALTERNATING CURRENT). .

BOWTIE IN OHIO

Save Old Iron

it appears that the number is a range of some sort.. I think the one that came off the tractor was 4-40VDC.

The VDC range is the range of DC volts you can hook the gauge to and have it RELIABLY keep correct count of hours run. 4-40 means it will function properly hooked up to 6 volt thru 36 volt systems.

30-80 VDC will probably not work in a 12 volt tractor. It would work in a 36 volt forklift or mobility chair application.

MalMac

Thanks everyone for the replies. I kinda thought what was stamped on there was the volt range but not knowing a whole lot about it. I thought I would put it out there for a answer from those of you who know.