Sign in to follow this  
rustbucket

sears monster

rustbucket

071208_1817a.jpg

as you can see yet another off brand made the trip home. found it on craigs list within 10 min of my house. the guy sold it to us with weights and all includeing mower deck for 250. the 20 HP twin cylinder brigs purrs like a kitten but still nuthing compaired to kohler.

Kelly

Those JD wheel weights bring $100+ On ebay

rustbucket

yeah but those wheel weights are staying on that tractor same with the ags and all. it has a 6 speed rear with hi low ranges and in high 3 or 6th it dose wheelies and flies.

perry

in high 3 or 6th it dose wheelies and flies.

them weights wont be on it for long doing that. it wont last. remember, its still a crapsman.

rustbucket

i know but its not for the heavy work like my horses are and my jacobsen's

Sparky

i know but its not for the heavy work like my horses are and my jacobsen's

I think wheelies falls into the heavy work catagory. Might even put more strain on a tranny than pullin trailers and plowin snow.

This is not to say that I dont love to pull the occasional wheelie B) .

Is the rear end cast iron or something else?

Mike..........

rustbucket

no idea i havent looked under it yet just used it for mowing it has replaced our small 36 inch servistar tractor as the mower.

rustbucket

cast iorn rear i belive. looked at it the other night before trying to get my H60 engine to fire over and show sighns it wants to live againe.

hoosier

If it's like my GT16 It has the cast iron transaxle used in alot of the good old tractors. John Deere, Case. etc. I have the same unit in several brands. It's good. It's tough, but wheelies and the like are'nt good for any of them. It 'IS' not the 'crapsman' stuff of late.

rustbucket

072608_1922a.jpg

prolly thre only thing on the sears that will out live the tractor.

red neck home built wheely bar minus the small wheels.

i made it but my boss did all the mig welding. i perfer stick welding.

rustbucket

come tuesday this week im dragging the sears to the warren county fairs lawn tractor pulls. i would take my GT-14 but it is pulled apart for rebuild.

HorseFixer

Allways can use a back up tractor! B) Give the ponies a rest and let um laugh at the crapman doing the hard work! :whistle:

Duke

rustbucket

this tractor the GT-18 was made before craftsman became tin ghosts and thus crapsmans. this has a cat iorn 6 speed tranny full 5 bolt rear hubs and a true frame. i tend to find real tractors not todays tin ghost crapsmans. i would never let one of those in my garage. and to prove that our lawn mowing machine the servistar sits out back under the deck.

mcwh1950

here a picture of my crapman.

100_2179.jpg

buy it new in 1996. got a plow ,blade. disk.and hitch for it,and a scooper. way over 5000.00 .

rustbucket

mine was 250 and i pulled it today in the 1150 class at the warren county fair and yanked the sled 68 feet while the front wheels never touched the ground. ill have pics as soon as my boss gets them to me. as well ill show the interesting places the good old red neck boys at the pulls stuck the weights they loaned me to meet my weight class

me and tractor where 940 then they went to town and i weighed 1117 at the pull.

rustbucket

072908_1245a.jpg

072908_1245b.jpg

and yup i had to lift the gas tank to get them long plates to hook onto the top of the stock sears hitch plate.

between the side rail and rear there is about 200 pounds of weight roughly.

went from 940 to 1117. with all that metal.

pond195520032003

The rearend/transmissions in these tractors are Cast Aluminum, and have been since 1965!

the ones from 59-64 are cast iron!

i know as i have Suburbans, SS, and GT models + 2 hydro-tracs(but they have cast iron and aluminum rearends) between my brother and me we have 14 sears tractors and 1 roper! 3-with loaders! B)

rustbucket

well either way she did alright in the pulls and we are looking into getting my jacobsen ready for next year as well as the GT-14 and the GT-18 againe. next time it will be modded but within reg's