Sign in to follow this  
luvmyWH

Hitch question

luvmyWH

Hello all.I recently bought me 520H and its my first WH and i love this thing :) I have 1 question about the hitch part tho.Is the little chain link chain hangin out the rear suppose to move when i raise and lower the deck.It doesnt do any thing.Looking at a parts diagram there is a cable that looks like it attaches to the part the chain is attached to and goes towards the mower deck.Do these break or is there some commin problem i should look for.Wright now i only have the regular flat bar hitch on it but i want to eventually put the sleeve hitch on it and see what this beast can do lol.Thanks in advance fellow WH people :)post-7389-0-93341200-1337734692_thumb.jp

Kelly

yes the lift bar in the rear is hooked up with a cable, take the deck off and see if the end is hooked up on the rockshaft under the tractor, when the deck is down you should be able to pull the rear lift back some and when you raise the deck it should move forward, I unhook my lift under the tractor when not in use, and the cables do break now and then.

bowtiebutler956

I can't answer your question, but that's one fine looking beast of a :wh: !! :wicked::text-coolphotos:

Matt :flags-texas:

luvmyWH

Thanks for the fast reply.Ill check it out this weekend.Ive probably put an hour on it just riding it around lol.

AMC RULES

Only one hour invested so far in "just riding" on a machine that nice? :scratchead:

You better get back out there. :ychain:

:WRS:

• Like 1

SousaKerry

sometimes if you do not have any weight on the rock shaft it will not appear to move as it will get stuck in the up position and the cable will just flex out of the way. As the cable can only pull and not push with any appreciable force they do get stiff over time when they are not used. Hope this helps