Sign in to follow this  
littleredrider

Truck snow plow pump/valve for FEL?

littleredrider

Local junkyard has some trucks in it with snow plow stuff still on them. Buddy picked up an almost complete setup for less than $50. If it can pick up a 500 pound at least plow it should be fine for a FEL....

smoreau

It may not have a big enough oil tank for the longer lift cylinders. Also you will need a full size truck battery and at least a 65 amp alt. to run that pump. Snow plow pumps draw a LOT of juice to run. That's why you see 2 batteries in a plow truck.

littleredrider

It's a hydraulic pump that runs off the engine. Wouldn't even consider an electric pump, though I do run a car battery.

As for the cylinders, not sure on those either. I'd have to get the plans out and see what size and length and the compare to the ones on the truck. Mainly after the pump and valves/lines.

smoreau

Ok that should work just fine. How big is the tank, or does it have a remote tank? If its remote, you can make the tank any size you want. Most loader tanks are built into loader base leg.

littleredrider

it has a reservoir but doesn't look very big, maybe a gallon. I was gonna use the loader leg for that anyways.

squonk

You need about a .5 cu.in. pump and 7 GPM for most GT loaders.

littleredrider

I'll see what I can find out about the pump. Thinking the tag was still on it...