Sign in to follow this  
1maidenfan

First and secomd addition "straight from the horse's mouth"

1maidenfan

There is an auction on ebay for a signed copy of STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSE'S MOUTH first and second addition books. Has authors signature on both and cecil's signature on the first.

The auction has a buy it now of $350 or a best offer option.

What are these worth? I have seen them go pretty high.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Item number: 330736680521

Kelly

Worth?? or what paople are willing to pay? I paid $50 for my 1st edition about 5 years ago, and bought the second edition at the big show for $35 and had Mr Pond sign it to me, and the author, I've seen them sell for over $200 each, I bought one off ebay a few years ago and sold it back on ebay for double what I paid, and I started the auction @ $1 it sold for around $175, I also traded a set of front 6" hubcaps for a second edition, that one may be the raffle prize at this years WH show in MI.

Ken B

I think it depends on how bad ya want it. I have seen them go for 200.00 or so myself. It is a very well written book with lots of great pics, but the binding is weak. If you plan on reading it much its gonna come apart. I wish another run could be made, the prices would plummet. I think most guys that don't have one just want a copy so they can read it.

1maidenfan

Thanks,was just curious. I will take my chances at Scotts meet n greet for my chance to own one.

sscotsman

There was news here a few months ago about a new 3rd printing coming out soon..

that will quickly reduce prices on the 1st and 2nd printings..

Scot

neil

I actually think that the 1st & second edition books will stay at a good value even though there is going to be a possible third edition , They are still both a collectors item and are still quite sort after and quite rare

sscotsman

I actually think that the 1st & second edition books will stay at a good value even though there is going to be a possible third edition , They are still both a collectors item and are still quite sort after and quite rare

perhaps..but I highly doubt they will continue to sell for $200 to $300 once the 3rd edition comes out..

they are that price now because the book is not availble, at all...very low supply, and somewhat high demand.

Once the 3rd edition comes out, the supply goes up dramitically..

prices for the 1st and 2nd editions should come WAY down to a reasonable level..

I would say the 1st edition should still be worth about $50..just because its the first edition.

Most people say the quality of the 2nd edition is much lower than the first..

the value of the second edition will probably drop to about $25 once the 3rd edition comes out..

Scot