Sign in to follow this  
JimD

Raided by the DEA

JimD

They showed up this morning wanting to search the mobile home behind my house. It turns out ya can't tell em NO. Man these guys are thorough. I snapped this pic about two hours into their search. They still hadn't found anything, but were still looking.

C85throttlecablebracket0734.jpg

:ychain: That's really my son. We started the trailer demo this weekend. Here's a few more pics...

C85throttlecablebracket073.jpg

C85throttlecablebracket0731.jpg

C85throttlecablebracket0732.jpg

C85throttlecablebracket0735.jpg

C85throttlecablebracket0733.jpg

• Like 2

AMC RULES

That first pict had me going. :scared-eek:

I was wondering how you got so close to a DEA investigation Jim...unless of course, they were visiting your house. :scared-yipes:

bowtiebutler956

Yes Sir, that's what I call a thorough search! :ychain:

Matt :flags-texas:

rmaynard

That thing looks like the makin's of a nice horse shed. What are you taking it apart for?

squonk

Up here when someone want's a trailer demo'd, they let a bunch of teenagers ransack it! :scared-eek:

JimD

Well Bob, it hasn't been occupied for several years. It sits too high to be a good tractor shed. It's in pretty rough shape and I don't want renters anymore so we decided to take it down and scrap it out. I'll save the good lumber. I already used most of the insulation in my garage when we hung the ceiling. So it isn't going to be a total waste. Hope you guys got a chuckle out of it. I did. :thumbs:

I forgot to mention that the concrete pad will come in handy for several uses after it's gone.

6wheeler

I have witnessed a DEA investigation. Some of you may remember. When I bought my house, it was called "the crack house on the hill" for a reason. After I closed on it, the ex girlfriend of the former owner would not leave. So I called the sherriff and said " can you get her out"? They told me they have been trying to get in there for years. They showed up with 5 deputies, 1 local cop, 2 DEA agents and 3 dogs. It was quite the spectacle. There were 6 squad cars and 2 suburbans in the driveway (good thing its 400' long). Officers and dogs milling around everywhere. They didn't find much of anything. But, the fortunate part was. They told me no Meth had been made here because the dogs would have went ballistic if there were. That was a big relief. But you know Jim, that sub frame might make one heck of a horse hauler. What do ya think? 30 maybe 35 tractors on one haul? I think you are gonna have to build a shed on that slab. And, get a bigger truck. :greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 2

JimD

6wheeler, if I could afford to buy 30 to 35 Horses at one time, I'd have em delivered. :ROTF:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I don't know about the trailer...but in the low rolling hills of northeast Ohio, it looks like it has great possibilities as a front porch. Here, hold my beer and watch this. :banana-rock: :banana-rock: :banana-rock::orcs-cheers: :orcs-cheers:

• Like 3

JimD

Here is a video of the trailer coming down. I would have loved to use the Horses to do this but time was tight and my son's 4 wheel drive Ford made short work of it. After all the work he did to get it to this point it was only right that he got the honor of pulling her over. Enjoy the video. Click on the pic to play.

th_VIDEO0011.jpg

stevasaurus

What a cool video Jim...I have always been more into destruction then construction. So much for the front porch I guess. :) :) :) :) :)

AMC RULES

The end of an era when the walls come down. :text-coolphotos:

SousaKerry

What you did not use a Wheel Horse :wh: to pull it down!!!!!!! :angry-nono::naughty::scratchead::tools-hammerdrill::teasing-whipblue:

Never but Never miss an opportunity to use your Wheel Horse creatively.