Sign in to follow this  
bean

will this deck fit a '73 8hp?

bean

will this deck fit a '73 8hp? it has the tach-a-matic and mule drive like all the later b,c, series tractors. it is a '37" and is nos. the guy wants $250 for it. seems a little high,( I am guessing)post-5404-0-39248400-1337462996.jpg

bowtiebutler956

I think your going to run into some clearance problems with the tractor tires, but I could be wrong. I'm sure someone will jump in here shortly that knows for sure. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

squonk

That looks just like the deck that was on my 210-H. I don't think it will work. That black bar sets the PTO tension off the vertical shaft engine electric clutch.

bean

that was my concern. the '73 8hp came with 20x8-10 tires on the rear, which are about 19' tall.. the ags I have on it are around 22" tall.

That looks just like the deck that was on my 210-H. I don't think it will work. That black bar sets the PTO tension off the vertical shaft engine electric clutch.

when i saw it, i thought it looked like a deck from a verticle shaft tractor. thanks

littleredrider

Get the model ID and run it thru parts tree or look thru the interchange, that would eliminate fitment questions.

Kelly

That deck will NOT fit, it is for a vert shaft mower.