Sign in to follow this  
ba2988

314H Indicator Lights

ba2988

I've had this 314h for about 4 years (for pics see ). The indicator lights didn't work when I bought it, but it has run great so I never looked into it. Don't know why but tonight I decided to have a look at the panel - removed the 2 bolts that hold the connection and was surprised to see that the indicator board wasn't plugged in! Took it off, cleaned it up a bit, plugged it it and the top 3 indicator lights work fine - the bottom 2 (low oil and pto) had separated from the board. Don't know if I'll try and fix it but I have seen SOI's posts on the indicator to get me on the right track if I ever do.

Never hurts to get in there and poke around a little bit.

Save Old Iron

B.A.

when you said the bottom 2 had separated from the board -did you mean the indicator lights ?

If the bulbs are burned out, that's an easy replacement made with 12 volt "grain of wheat" bulbs. The leads of the bulbs are bent inside the rubber supports to allow the leads to touch the metal posts soldered to the indicator board.

If you wish to go further with the repair one of these days, let me know, I would be happy to help out.