Sign in to follow this  
rmaynard

Classified Ads

rmaynard

I tend to forget that there is a classified ad section, so I rarely look at it. I am sure that there are others who don't look at the classifieds until they need or want something. The nice thing about the "old" classified's was that they would appear in the general posts and you could bump them occasionally to get attention.

That being said, I am in need of a seat for my Commando 8.

I have placed a want ad in the classified section. If you have a seat that you would like to sell, please see the want ads.

Thanks

• Like 1

Electro12WH

Is there a remedy for this?

COMMANDO1

THERE IS A COMMANDO 8 SEAT PAN ON ABCD? FG BAY RIGHT NOW.

rmaynard

THERE IS A COMMANDO 8 SEAT PAN ON ABCD? FG BAY RIGHT NOW.

I've seen that one, It is in very rough shape and not restorable in my opinion.

rmaynard

Is there a remedy for this?

I guess we can do what I just did and let others know that I posted a want ad.

SousaKerry

I subscribe to the classified section so I get an email for every single one. Little tedious sometimes but the early bird gets the worm.

And I have a seat pan I may be willing to part out is that the one with the adjustable back rest that lasted until the one piece Michigan Seat co. took over?

rmaynard

I subscribe to the classified section so I get an email for every single one. Little tedious sometimes but the early bird gets the worm.

And I have a seat pan I may be willing to part out is that the one with the adjustable back rest that lasted until the one piece Michigan Seat co. took over?

I get too many emails now as it is. I'm just saying that I like the way the classified is designed now, but I don't like that new listings are not part of the forum "new content".

About the seat, I am trying to keep this one as close to original as possible, and the adjustable back was not on the original Commando.

Sparky

Personally I will never vote to go back to the old classified ways. You guys have no idea what a hassle it was for us Admins/Mods trying to keep it from turning into a discussion area and keeping it from being a platform to bash others about their prices or the condition of an item they were attemting to sell.

On the main page here on the right side are a few "boxes" with the latest posting on the site. Under Birthdays and Upcoming Calender Events and Recent Topics and Recent Status Updates is Latest Classifieds.

Your ad is right there Bob for all to see.

I couldnt be happier that the classifieds are now something that I dont need to moderate, but I still go there everyday.

Mike..............

• Like 1

rmaynard

Mike - I understand what you are saying, but the old classified did have it's merits even though it was additional work for you guys.

Now if you will just give me the seat off of your 656, I will be good to go. :ychain:

VinsRJ

The current classifieds feels as if you post to the abyss. Thats my answer and I'm sticking to it. LOL!

• Like 1

stevebo

That is how I like it Vin :hide:

Ken B

I do like it how it is now. It seems anytime an ad got posted before it always turned into a million I wish I were closer reply's, and like Sparky said, the ad's turned into discussions. I will say that anytime I post a want ad I get ZERO replies. Maybe I need to lower my expectations...

rmaynard

How do you lower your expectations on a want ad? :scratchead:

On the old system, even though it got out of hand at times with FOR SALE ads, with WANT ads there might be someone that would know someone that might have what you need. With ZERO discussion on the subject (as it is now), as Vin said, it feels like the ad just goes into the abyss

Ken B

Maybe expectations isn't the right word. Hope is probably better.

Sparky

Now if you will just give me the seat off of your 656, I will be good to go. :ychain:

Bob I still have that seat and its yours for FREE (just cover the shipping) if ya want it. I just dragged it outa the shed for a couple glamour shots.

post-2-0-59280100-1338227449_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-35413700-1338227477_thumb.jpg

Its pretty nasty lookin to me.

Let me know, I can get it boxed up and shipped if ya gotta have it.

Mike.............

AMC RULES

OOF! Looks like that seat came from the abyss. :)

Now I see why good one's are so hard to come by.

squonk

Friend of mine is getting a 2 piece seat redone. Guy doing it has also collected a couple of Horses. He says he can cut out the :wh: emblem if it's in decent shape and sew it in to the new material and make it look like a brand new OE seat. :thumbs: Another place said no way. We see how it comes out.

bowtiebutler956

I guess the Commando 8 seat pan is different from a B-80 seat pan? I still have the seat pan off my B-80, and its still solid. If you need it Maynard, you can have it, just pay shipping. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

post-6076-0-46473300-1338233577_thumb.jp

post-6076-0-51632000-1338233629_thumb.jp

Ken B

I sold a Work Horse 700 a few yrs ago, it had a mint seat on it just like the one you are looking for. The tractor ran and had a mower deck on it. It took me forever to get two hunge for the entire machine! I hope ya find one soon.

skyfuzz

Just looking over the above posts, and wondered if anyone has or knows of someone who is parting out a Kohler K91. I am in dire need of a recoil starter assembly or parts to repair mine. It is the one made by Fairbanks Morse.

nylyon

Please use the classified section.