Sign in to follow this  
Kingwood990

Wish me luck this week.

Kingwood990

This week I am going to be taking the placement tests for College. I am going to be going to school to get my Associates degree in welding. Based on what I forgot from Highschool I am going to need all the luck I can get.

rexman72

matt forget high school you have lessons on real life you will do fine.

• Like 1

Kingwood990

matt forget high school you have lessons on real life you will do fine.

Thanks rexman. You have a very good point there. I just need to do good on this test so I don't have to retake a bunch of classes next year.

SousaKerry

Welders don't need Math do they I was not even sure they are human. :ychain:

Naw just kidding good luck!!

AMC RULES

Under water welding for the petroleum industry is where the money is.

Good luck in your venture Matt. :thumbs:

Kingwood990

Welders don't need Math do they I was not even sure they are human. :ychain:

Naw just kidding good luck!!

I don't need math to weld but I need math for the other non important classes they want to teach me. And yes I am human sparks hurt so far.

Kingwood990

Under water welding for the petroleum industry is where the money is.

Good luck in your venture Matt. :thumbs:

Thank you Craig.

stevasaurus

Good luck Matt...and don't ever think that math is not important. It is the true language of the universe. :)

rmaynard

You will do well. Just remember the over 60% of those graduating from college this year will not find employment in their field of study, and those that do will not receive the pay they think they should be getting.

Good welders are worth their weight in gold. Trust me. I tried welding recently and found that I am good at burning holes in metal, and that's about all.

Good luck. :thumbs:

Kingwood990

You will do well. Just remember the over 60% of those graduating from college this year will not find employment in their field of study, and those that do will not receive the pay they think they should be getting.

Good welders are worth their weight in gold. Trust me. I tried welding recently and found that I am good at burning holes in metal, and that's about all.

Good luck. :thumbs:

Right now as long if I am able to get a good steady job when I am done with school I will be happy. As for the burning through material it happens to the best of us.

Good luck Matt...and don't ever think that math is not important. It is the true language of the universe. :)

Thanks Steve. Don't get me wrong I do believe math is important, I just wish I was better at it.

JimD

Best of luck to you. :)

Kingwood990

Best of luck to you. :)

Thank you Jim I will need it.

squonk

There is no such thing as a non-important class. I remember going to college for a degree in automotive technology. I had to take drafting,physics geometry, and business math. The only class I think was a waste was English. This is after taking it for like 10 yrs. straight in grammar school. As Hank Hill once said. "Bobby how can you fail English? YOU SPEAK ENGLISH! :)

Kingwood990

There is no such thing as a non-important class. I remember going to college for a degree in automotive technology. I had to take drafting,physics geometry, and business math. The only class I think was a waste was English. This is after taking it for like 10 yrs. straight in grammar school. As Hank Hill once said. "Bobby how can you fail English? YOU SPEAK ENGLISH! :)

You have a point there. All the classes are important I guess, I just need to re-think the way I think of them. English, Biology, and History I am fairly good at just not Math. Math and I do not get along.

jay in nc

matt, stainless tig welders in our area are in high demand, with all the bio.tech firms in R.T.P. and from wilson to rockymount to sanford to durham north to greensboro all pharm. co are looking for tig welders we can't hire enough GOOD welders. Jay holt 20 years of pipe-fitting experiance. good luck matt

Kingwood990

matt, stainless tig welders in our area are in high demand, with all the bio.tech firms in R.T.P. and from wilson to rockymount to sanford to durham north to greensboro all pharm. co are looking for tig welders we can't hire enough GOOD welders. Jay holt 20 years of pipe-fitting experiance. good luck matt

Jay that is what I was thinking of doing. You have a point about this area being a full of work. I hope that there will still be a demand when I am done with school in a few years.

bowtiebutler956

Good Luck!! I love welding! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

Kingwood990

Good Luck!! I love welding! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

Thanks Matt. I enjoy it as well.

Kingwood990

In case any one was wondering what I did on the test here it goes. I placed 070 in math (mid range class), 090 in reading (don't have to do that class), and 080 in english. Now I just have to figure out a way to pay for school.

Paul D.

I never thought math was important either until I got in the tool and die trade. As a toolmaker I use math constantly and yes even when I am welding. Wether you go into fabrication,underwater,die repair, or even certified nuclear(they make real good money) math is a critical part of doing your job. Good luck. I am sure you will do great!

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

Kingwood990

I never thought math was important either until I got in the tool and die trade. As a toolmaker I use math constantly and yes even when I am welding. Wether you go into fabrication,underwater,die repair, or even certified nuclear(they make real good money) math is a critical part of doing your job. Good luck. I am sure you will do great!

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

Thank you Paul. From what I learned today is that I need a lot more math experience before I can take the welding classes. With that said I am going to be taking math before I do any thing else. I also need to take a computer class but that is so I have enough credit hours to be enrolled full time. This fall I think I am going to be very busy.