Sign in to follow this  
zieg72

New project, what is it???

zieg72

I just picked up a father-son project. I am trying to identify it. I think it may have been hacked together over the years. It came with a separate engine K161S and the engine on it is a K241 S 46219A. I took some pictures of it the best I could. It has some issues with the steering and deck belt pulley and the carb needs worked on but sure seems to run strong. Don't know why the plate around the gearshift is all hacked up unless it had a different trans in it. The hood tilts and comes off easily. Any idea's or things I could look for to better ID this wonderful piece of iron.

Attached Image

post-3-1215901476.jpg

zieg72

another

Attached Image

post-3-1215901602.jpg

zieg72

another

Attached Image

post-3-1215901726.jpg

zieg72

deck pulley issue. Thanks in advance.

Attached Image

post-3-1215901869.jpg

TT

From what I can see in the tiny pictures (and through my scratched and dirty glasses), you have acquired a 1964.5 1045, one of about 1100 produced. B)

Looks like it has the correct and hard to find front tires, and it should have the K-241 10hp engine.

Kelly

I agree with TT, looks to be a 1045, can you set your pic a little bigger, I'd like to see the one of the grille better, I'm trying to figure out the hood thing about these? some are indented like all the other hoods that don't have lights, and a few have no indent? B) Acording to the WH book they had stamping troubles and maybe the first one's didn't?? Both mine have the indent.

zieg72

The tires actually say wheelhorse, thought it was kind of neat. As far as pics I don't know how to get them any bigger to post them due to the 56kb max. I would happy to e-mail you larger pics if you like.

Attached Image

post-3-1215907767.jpg

TT

Try using a remote photo hosting site such as Photobucket. Once you get it figured out, it's much nicer to use. They also offer free editing and resizing, and some pretty B) special effects for your photos.

zieg72

Thanks for the ID, now I can search for the few parts I need.

TT

No problem, Zeig. B)

The deck is probably an RM-364, if that will save you from searching for a number.

plowmaster

whats the deal with the hard to find front tires? are they worth anything if they hold air?

all the tires on the charger 12 are wheel horse tires, im not too particular and would like to run the tires from the 416-h, as theyre wider.

TT

The "diamond" stud tread design on the front tires of a 1045 were unique to that model. Since there were only around 1100 1045's produced, there aren't many of those tires around. They also had the name "Wheel Horse" molded on the sidewall, which makes it even tougher to find the correct tires.

(The same size and tread design were used on a few other brands of tractors, but of course they didn't say "Wheel Horse" on the side.)