Sign in to follow this  
TT

A trip to the "local" small engine shop today

TT

Hobie and I went for a ride this morning over the mountain and down the valley (only about 18 miles) to the Millheim Small Engine shop where I bought the parts K-181 a few months ago. When I was there the last time, I had on "town" clothes and didn't want to crawl through the piles in the storage barn. Now this barn is actually a full size bank barn with animals in the outer areas, but the entire downstairs is full of saws, weedeaters, engines, tires, and a few new tractors that won't fit in the store.

Outside the barn are many riding and push mowers, some snow blowers, and a few other miscellaneous machines of unknown purpose.

I had my eye open for a part to fix the neighbors JD 185, but there were none to be found.

We did haul 3 small block (two 8's and one 7 hp, I think) Kohlers away, an almost new aluminum recoil starter, a spare BB fuel pump, and 3 WH deck belt tensioners. (Mule Drives! YAAAAAHHHHHHHH!)

The photos at the barn were taken with my camera phone, and since the owner is Amish, there are no lights in the barn. The photo quality isn't the best, but since I forgot my "real" camera, I think they're better than no pictures at all. B)

Outside the barn:

294502651_1000212505_0.jpg

294502883_1000213330_0.jpg

294502751_1000212855_0.jpg

LT1637 & B165 parts machines:

294503458_1000215342_0.jpg

Inside the barn:

294510285_1000239802_0.jpg

294502454_1000211789_0.jpg

The goods:

071208henryshaul001.jpg

3 MULE DRIVES! YAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

071208henryshaul002.jpg

Three small block K series Kohlers and one nice recoil starter:

071208henryshaul003.jpg

A special spark plug for Kevin :whistle: :

071208henryshaul007.jpg

BairleaFarm

B) Thats the kind of place you could spend all day and find to much to haul home or more projects than you could ever complete.

DMESS

Wow! That's a barn full. I need the one on the BOTTOM! B) Yeah...that one... right...there.... :whistle:

Haven't seen a 1637 in a long while. That's one you don't come across very often along with it's maroon stripe twin the 216-5. The "cut to fit" hood on those always made me laugh. If you didn't know any better you would think it was a homebrew re-power. Mmmmmmm...louvers!

If the castle in the background is said "Amish" owners, this guy is doing well!

The one pic with all the pushers lined up is kinda funny. They look like they're all lined up to board the Ark or something. Handles high and proud, anxiously awaiting some unknown fate. B)

Good score on the Kohlers. Now you need to bring those two lonely verts home and add them to the "pile".

GATOR! Classic funny stuff right there! B)

TT

I remembered to check the B-165 hood out this time, but a few of the louvers were buckled pretty good. The complete hoodstand is missing, along with a few other key parts, so it probably is in the best place for it. :whistle:

Here's two I missed......

A 212-5:

294541071_1000348332_0.jpg

And a custom-painted, green with ghost flames LT1100/1137:

294540965_1000347948_0.jpg

There were three more Horses out along the road for sale. A 257H, a late 80's 312-8, and a late 60's Electro 12. I didn't walk out to get any pictures of them, nor did I get any prices. B)

KyBlue

Wow...what a way to spend the day. .. Awesome!

Curmudgeon

That is a lot of.........................

STUFF!

kpinnc

I'm diggin' the spark plug... B)

Outta be a good one!

Cool pics TT!

Kevin

perry

B) the barn looks well orginized :whistle: . i would have to spend all day in there digging to the botttom of them piles. looks like you found your self some goodys B) .

those push mowers should be lined up destin for the scrap yard. and he should take them weed wackers with them. B)

perry

294540965_1000347948_0.jpg

a monte carlo B) . never herd of one. guess they did come up with some wierd names for the old hardware store specials. looks kinda like a dyna-mark

TT

The barn is actually much better than it looks in the pictures. All of the engines are (mostly) grouped by manufacturer, but the Briggs pile is the biggest and sort of overflows over some Honda engines. There are Robins, Wisconsins, Tecumsehs, very few Kohlers (that should tell you something :whistle:) and even a Clinton, along with some hydro pumps, and some decent tires and wheels of all shapes and sizes.

It would be a great place to go if someone was looking to build a racing lawnmower, and Hobie was quick to point out a few "THAT would be awesome to have" models.

The Monte Carlo does bear a striking resemblance to a barn-fresh 10/36 Dynamark that looked like it was just dropped off there. B)

Sparky

It looks like a huge pile of stuff!! So if you ask the guy for a particular item does he know where it is? Or does he just point at the pile and say "Over there".

Mike..........

TT

Oddly enough, he seems to know what he has and about where it is. (or should be)

He thought he had one more small Kohler floating around there somewhere, but when I asked him if it was a blue K-181, he remembered that it was the one I bought from him a few weeks ago. B)

combatmp29r

TT if you don't mind me asking how are his prices? I'm not asking you to give up what you paid for the current haul. I was just thinking about the fall NAMA show and though tif he was reasonable I would bring a little extra to do some diggin B)

TT

I think he's quite reasonable, Joel. (or you wouldn't catch me "shopping" there. :whistle: )

It also seems like the bigger you make the pile of items you want , the better deal you get. B)