Sign in to follow this  
Hodge71

D seire mower drive belt

Hodge71

I'm looking for the Wheel Horse number or the size of the mower drive belt that runs from the PTO down throught the mule drive and to the 48" mower deck center pulley. Any help would be appreciated.... :thanks:

1maidenfan

According to my manual the belt is 105.5" long and wheel horse part # is 102868

Hope that helps.

JamesBe1

I have a deck that came with my second D-180, and I can't find any model or sn on it. It occurs to me that I will probably need some kind of manual for it.

I'm sure that there are several different models numbers for this deck, but I'd be darned if I know any.

Could either of yous guys let me know what the model number is for a typical D-Series deck so I can download the manual?

I don't know if the manual is one of the ones that Toro wants you to pay for or not. If you have an electronic copy of the manual, I would be grateful.

Thanx,

James

Hodge71

James,

Deck model number is 5-1220 for 1973/74. After 1975 number was 5-1221. They were exactly the same though. I scored an NOS manual for the 5-1220 from the local dealer here that left me poke around awhile a couple weeks back.

JamesBe1

Thanx Jeff. That's it.

It comes up on the toro site. They want you to pay for it, but I'm to cheap to pay for three or four pages of minor info.

I think I'll poke around the interwebs a bit to see if I can find it.

BTW, if you have a scanner, it's always good to make yourself an electronic backup copy incase you loose the original and don't want to have to buy another copy from toro.

Case in point is the D-180 parts breakdown. I had to pay toro for it, but after I got it, I scanned it in and keep a printed copy in the shed and don't have to worry about it getting lost or torn or whatever. I just print out another copy when I need it.

wheeledhorseman

When I needed a belt for my C-120 I used a rope with a width that sat as the belt would in the pulleys and used it to work out the length I needed. Went down to my local bearing shop that also do belts, pulleys , you name it and purchased a belt based on the measurements taken. Woo-hoo it worked out pretty much perfect. Might just have got lucky but it's what I'm intending to do for the 'D' when I've converted a deck for it.

Be interested to know what it's supposed to be in length but more important can somebody tell me what width the belt is supposed to be.

Andy

Re manuals - have sent you a pm James.

JamesBe1

This is pretty useful:

Maybe we can all pool our D-series documents in the files section here.

1maidenfan

I have alot of 18 auto and D series manuals, if I can figure out how to scan them and post them here I will. Any one have some help for me on how to do that?

Thanks.

I am in the process of tring to find a kohler manual for the 18 and 20 hp twins, that is about the only manuals I dont have for my tractors. My 3 inch thick 3 ring binder is almost full at this point.

JamesBe1

Do you have a scanner? The rest is easy, but a little time consuming. If not, I can do it for you.

Also, here is a decent source for wheel horse manuals:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wheelhorsetractormanuals/

Maybe this place that those guys can figure out a way to share the wealth.

1maidenfan

I do have a scanner but not sure how to get them on redsquare?

JamesBe1

I do have a scanner but not sure how to get them on redsquare?

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/

Then choose "Upload Files" on the right side of the screen.

wheeledhorseman

I am in the process of tring to find a kohler manual for the 18 and 20 hp twins, that is about the only manuals I dont have for my tractors. My 3 inch thick 3 ring binder is almost full at this point.

Kohler manuals are available at http://www.kohlerplus.com

Tick the box to agree to their terms and conditions then use the login as a guest option.

K series manuals (K-91 to 662) link is at the bottom of the page on the left.

There you'l find all the spec, owner and service manuals to download all f.o.c.

Hope this helps.

Andy

1maidenfan

Kohler manuals are available at http://www.kohlerplus.com

Tick the box to agree to their terms and conditions then use the login as a guest option.

K series manuals (K-91 to 662) link is at the bottom of the page on the left.

There you'l find all the spec, owner and service manuals to download all f.o.c.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Thank you.