Sign in to follow this  
galen

Deck fitting problem...RM 425

galen

After a lengthy search I found a deck to fit on my 1076. Deck is is good shape, spindles and bearings good, but needs blades. Well, trying to fit up, and all is going well. Found a PDF manual for the deck and how to connect. Were these a one-year-only thing? Anyways, I have 2 snags.

First, with deck on and lifted the drive pulley on the deck that is mounted in the center front of deck hits the rod on the Tach Matic bracket. I don't see how else it can go. With the deck lowered it clears, but if I paint it it will hit, it's that close!! What causes that?

Second, I was worried as the drive pulley on th eouter end of the shaft at the front of the deck was off by about 1 inch (too far inward). I was relieved to find that the instructions say to flip the pulley around on certain models. I did that, but now it is still 1/2 inch too far inward. Does that seem right? Pulley maybe not correct? Manual says to remove set screw, pulley has no set screw, just a key and a bolt threaded in the end with one of those funky star washers same as the deck blades. I know everyone likes pix, so here they are...hope they help!!!! So close but so far! :eusa-think:

post-4867-0-14734600-1336608145.jpg

post-4867-0-72306000-1336608158.jpg

WH854

After a lengthy search I found a deck to fit on my 1076. Deck is is good shape, spindles and bearings good, but needs blades. Well, trying to fit up, and all is going well. Found a PDF manual for the deck and how to connect. Were these a one-year-only thing? Anyways, I have 2 snags.

First, with deck on and lifted the drive pulley on the deck that is mounted in the center front of deck hits the rod on the Tach Matic bracket. I don't see how else it can go. With the deck lowered it clears, but if I paint it it will hit, it's that close!! What causes that?

Second, I was worried as the drive pulley on th eouter end of the shaft at the front of the deck was off by about 1 inch (too far inward). I was relieved to find that the instructions say to flip the pulley around on certain models. I did that, but now it is still 1/2 inch too far inward. Does that seem right? Pulley maybe not correct? Manual says to remove set screw, pulley has no set screw, just a key and a bolt threaded in the end with one of those funky star washers same as the deck blades. I know everyone likes pix, so here they are...hope they help!!!! So close but so far! :eusa-think:

Could you take a picture of the deck off the tractor. Sure might help a lot!!! :thumbs:

Chas

• Like 1

galen

Think I figured out my prob. Not ony is this deck odd, but it uses an odd Tachamatic moubt as well I guess. :banghead: The rod on the one I need has a crook built into it, and came with the deck as a kit. Plus, apparently the offset for my PTO is all wrong. My 1076 has a deeper bell. Don't think it wil ever line up. Doesn't look good.

312Hydro

Think I figured out my prob. Not ony is this deck odd, but it uses an odd Tachamatic moubt as well I guess. :banghead: The rod on the one I need has a crook built into it, and came with the deck as a kit. Plus, apparently the offset for my PTO is all wrong. My 1076 has a deeper bell. Don't think it wil ever line up. Doesn't look good.

I'll bet one of the members either has what you need or has a workaround to your problem.Pictures of your deck and problem areas could help them help you. Good luck with this as I only have the 312H which isn't any help .

Kelly

I can't help you with the PTO lining up, but I might have the correct locking bar with the hump in it so the deck pulley does not rub, but I will have to check to see if I have one left. send me a PM

TT

An RM-425 mower was designed to fit the 1045/1055/1075 models ~ short frame tractors with a 2.5" direct-drive pulley and no PTO clutch. A few did find their way on to some 8hp tractors (855/875) but were a bit starved for power.

Warning: Because of the larger pulley on your tractor's PTO, the RM-425 will turn too fast.

Rumor has it that Wheel Horse actually told the dealers to offer 36" gear-drive decks to the (complaining) original purchasers of the RM-425 since the drive belt arrangement was extremely problematic.

• Like 1

galen

Kelly, Sent you a PM. Terry, thanks for the info. Clearance under the tachmatic is one issue, seems the easiest ot resolve. I'm working on the pulley alignment issue. Is my mind working right? Would a larger deck pulley offset the larger PTO? That stuff always confuses me.

oaktown1987

I didn't think they were set up for that type of pto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk