Sign in to follow this  
Ken B

The new 520

Ken B

I picked up this 520 thru RedSquare member Steve in Mass. The tractor is an 88 with 177 hrs. on it. I do believe these hrs. to be accurate, the meter works and it does not appear it has been messed with. The Onan now runs perfect, it needed its carb cleaned pretty bad. This tractor was left outside most of its life but I'll tell ya what, it cleaned up real nice. The original seat is perfect. I have mowed with it twice already and it is a pleasure to run and listen to.

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

CRE1992

Congrats Ken, it looks great! PS I am no longer angry with you haha. :ychain:

-Charles

Sparky

Wow, hard to believe thats Steve's old tractor! Nice job sprucing her up Ken.

I just scored a 520, should have it at the Somers show....probably for sale :hide: .

Mike.............

speedyleedy

Great looking 520 for setting outside ! :)

bowtiebutler956

That's one fine lookin :wh:! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

312Hydro

That 3rd pic is very photogenic,I like it! Congrats on a fine looking 520H.

stevebo

I've seen this tractor in person on Sunday and as always Ken did a great job making it look great.

Kelly

That is a sharp looking tractor, I like the 520's

AMC RULES

I'm kinda partial to that one Ken...looks like the twin to mine. :thumbs:

dennist

Wow, Nice clean up, glad to see you got it. I also agree the 3rd. pic is excellent.

VinsRJ

Ken, that does look like a nice machine!

546cowboy

Now you are spoiled for life. There is nothing like a good running 520 and once you've had one everything else pales by comparison. Really nice tractor for being kept outside. Usually they have faded and peeling paint, seat cracked and torn and the air cleaner top rusted badly. Lucky to find one that nice.

Ken B

Now you are spoiled for life. There is nothing like a good running 520 and once you've had one everything else pales by comparison. Really nice tractor for being kept outside. Usually they have faded and peeling paint, seat cracked and torn and the air cleaner top rusted badly. Lucky to find one that nice.

I'm not 100% sure what the guy meant by kept outside? In a shed maybe or under his deck? The paint was big time faded and paint was peeling along the bottom of the side covers (which I have since fixed.) I spent quite a few hrs. wet sanding the paint and buffing it out with the buffer and the paint came back pretty nice. The biggest issue was getting all of the mice nests out of it. I'm surprised that there are no chewed wires anywhere. My neighbor is a landscaper, after I was done cutting the grass he came over and asked me what it had under the hood. He said it had a nice sound to it.

oneroadkingman

WOW that tractor is in great lookin shape for its year..i wish the one i just got was as nice..oh well its ok. just another project.mine was kept out side too under the deck .seat was torn arm rest rotted off paint faded beyond buffing .good news it came with a new 2 yr old 48 in deck and a 36 in tiller..

Jake Kuhn

That is one clean tractor :handgestures-thumbup: Jake