Sign in to follow this  
mkevinr63

And then there was one

mkevinr63

After 5 or so years of beautiful bliss, I have had to put my 1985 310-8 out to pasture. Well, actually, she sold to the highest bidder. The need for parts and the often lack thereof helped with the decision but I miss it already. The thought of trying to replace such a machine is scary. I spent a good portion of Saturday looking at the Green Boys and the Cubs, amazingly there is absolutely no comparison. I know she went to a good home, a gentleman who had several and thought he could rig the pulley she needed (I'm not that handy) took it and promised to take good care of it. Even offered to let me come and ride it if I wanted too!!!! I’m not into the big box store level of machines, I have a 244-5 that I could use if I had the mowing deck but those seem to be scarce in VA too. The ones I looked at were the Deere 300 series and the Cub GTX 1054 and 2100. MY yard is not HUGE but I like the power and I want to push snow and haul my wagon. Any thoughts on a replacement for weekly use as well as a few other seasonal chores? Good Bye old friend.

546cowboy

Just look on CL and in the classifieds here. There are many Wheel Horse addicts in your area. You'll find one that you'll like even more than that 310. I can tell you haven't been bitten by the addiction yet. But you will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :greetings-wavegreen:

fourwheels0

mkevinr63 i see you are in Salem Virginia. definitely keep your eyes on Craigslist.

i list wheel horses when i get them.

i only buy and sell late 60's-late 70's tractors though as they are my favorites.

i'm only a couple hours from you.

AMC RULES

I think you should step up your game and start looking for a 520 instead.

You know you need more :wh: power. :thumbs:

bowtiebutler956

There is no replacement for a :wh: , except another :wh: ! Just start looking. :twocents-02cents:

Matt :flags-texas:

can whlvr

if i were looking at a new tractor i would look for a newer wheelhorse like a 315,

theres one near me that if i had the cash it would be mine,1500.00 with a plow and cab,dont know whats in your area but maybe you could find a new horse,i did what you are doing and regreted it many times,my old 308 needed an engine and at that time in my life it was easier to finance a new deere,it was a great LAWN cutter,but when it coulnt back up my small trailer with some tools in it i knew it had to go,i lost a tonne of cash on the deere,as i sold it with only 90 hours for about 1/2 what i paid for it,up here there are hundreds of deeres for sale every week,and home depot just sells them like hotdogs,so when you sell you have to sell cheap,by another wheelhorse and dont look back

fourwheels0

can whlvr i'm not sure about up where you are but here in the states the jd's they sell at lowes and the like are junk and not real jd's.

if you bring one to a jd dealer they won't touch it.

mkevinr63 whatever wheel horse you get whether it's a newer or older model you'll be ahead of the game over any big box store lawn mower.