Sign in to follow this  
Wheel Horse Kid

Ever Have One Of Those Days??

Wheel Horse Kid

So I just got my 312-8 all tuned up for mowing season this past week. (Greased the spindle pulleys and mower deck wheels, put on a new belt that goes from the mower deck to the pto, replaced the pto shaft and pto bearing, and gave her a good washing)

So tonight I put my 312 on the driveway for a little bit and forgot to put it into gear after I shut it off (Our driveway goes downhill). Well, the next thing I knew, my tractor was rolling off the side of the drive way, down a little hill and it hit right into the side of my dad's Ford truck! It dented and scratched the passenger door on the truck from the impact of the tractor hood hitting it.

Well, I thought that the tractor was okay at first, but after looking at it, I found out that the hood slammed back into the steering column and damaged it. So now, I get to tear the steering all apart to fix it. :(

Anybody else ever had any one one of those days???

bowtiebutler956

All the time Taylor. All the time. :banghead: Some days it just feels like you can't win for loosing, but tomorrow is a new day. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

Sparky

Does Dad know yet :hide: ?

Mike.............

Wheel Horse Kid

Does Dad know yet :hide: ?

Mike.............

He was actually there when it happened. He tried to stop it from hitting the truck, but it was too late. What is really bad for me is that Dad was (hopefully, still will) going to give me the truck, because he has a Jeep Cherokee and Dodge truck and really does not need it anymore, so now I am going to have to fix it myself or live with it. :banghead:

AMC RULES

How'd he take it? :teasing-poke:

Wheel Horse Kid

How'd he take it? :teasing-poke:

He was not very thrilled!!!!

312Hydro

So I just got my 312-8 all tuned up for mowing season this past week. (Greased the spindle pulleys and mower deck wheels, put on a new belt that goes from the mower deck to the pto, replaced the pto shaft and pto bearing, and gave her a good washing)

So tonight I put my 312 on the driveway for a little bit and forgot to put it into gear after I shut it off (Our driveway goes downhill). Well, the next thing I knew, my tractor was rolling off the side of the drive way, down a little hill and it hit right into the side of my dad's Ford truck! It dented and scratched the passenger door on the truck from the impact of the tractor hood hitting it.

Well, I thought that the tractor was okay at first, but after looking at it, I found out that the hood slammed back into the steering column and damaged it. So now, I get to tear the steering all apart to fix it. :(

Anybody else ever had any one one of those days???

Yes, I get them once in awhile......th_f8ec3d04.jpg"]th_f8ec3d04.jpg Don't let it get to you,anything can be fixed.

Sparky

The good thing is that no one was hurt.

Dont worry about parts....Kelly's got parts!!

Mike............

• Like 1