Sign in to follow this  
Wheel Horse Kid

Mower Deck Question

Wheel Horse Kid

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could please tell me what the part number is for a 48" side discharge mower deck idler pulley. It would be the one on the right side of the deck. It is making a lot of noise when I run it and I think that it is time to replace it. I greased it and that did not do any good. As far as information on the deck goes, all I know is that it is a 48" side discharge that was originally on a 1986 Wheel Horse 312-8. I would give the model number for the deck, but I cannot make it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Taylor

Sparky

I think the old WH part# is 6719 and the new TORO/WH part# is 92-7101.

Your deck is probably an 05-48MS01

Mike...............

Wheel Horse Kid

Thanks for the help Mike!

dsholler

Be careful. I have an 87 414 with a 48 inch deck that I was told was original. When I checked the serial number on the deck, I discovered it was made in 1999. Of course, with WH, it could have the same pulleys in it, but it would be worth checking the #s instead of guessing.

can whlvr

you said you greased it,so is it the idler which is not greasable or a spindle,which is greasable.unless the really new decks have a greasable idler

Wheel Horse Kid

Be careful. I have an 87 414 with a 48 inch deck that I was told was original. When I checked the serial number on the deck, I discovered it was made in 1999. Of course, with WH, it could have the same pulleys in it, but it would be worth checking the #s instead of guessing.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am pretty sure that it is original deck for the 312-8 as I bought it from the original owner's son. I actually still have it on the 312-8.

Wheel Horse Kid

you said you greased it,so is it the idler which is not greasable or a spindle,which is greasable.unless the really new decks have a greasable idler

Sorry, my bad. You are right. The spindle pulleys were the ones that I greased, not the idler pulley. I took the mower deck apart today and had a look at the idler pulley. I ended up putting some oil in the bearing of the pulley and that helped it. It still needs to be replaced, but it should last for a little while longer now.

can whlvr

that pulley can be purchased at lots of places,i get mine at a bearing store that sells alot of stuff to farmers