Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

I'm POed

Kelly

I was out rolling the lawn today and the thirsty 520 needed gas, I knew I had about 2 gal left in the 6 gal can so I headed to the barn, I knew I left the can setting out in front of the barn door the other day, well guess what someone wanted it more than me, and I think it might have been a customer I had sold a tiller to, but no prof, so I don't want to point fingers and no it's not a member here he is a shady looking guy but a sale is a sale, but the wife said he was here earlier in the day out back looking around and drove his truck up near the barn, but left before she got out there, and she does not like dealing with some guys alone, I don't blame her for that we live out in the country, this is not the first time this has happened, a few years ago I sold a engine to a guy he started to leave I walked up to the house but heard his door shut then I walked back out there just as he drove away, well the next day I went to put gas in the mower I just filled the can and set it on the front of my car trailer when he got there and forgot about it after dealing with him, again I can't say he took it but just the feeling I have and again he was not a member here, well I'm going to install motion cameras and no trespassing signs, and remember to lock my gas up, heck my house is unlocked most of the time and keys in my truck most weekends, other than the two gas can issues in 17 years living here nothing has been taken, and I have alot of stuff here out in the open.

Sorry for the rant, but it piss's me off.

Martin

kelly, unfortunately we live in a world thats nowhere near perfect. 99 % of people have some amount of integrity, but theres the 1 % that you always need to be on the out look for. very sad, but true.

i was always brought up with the 'treat people how you would want to be treated' way. and i try to reinforce it at home and on the job at work. my boy is getting there, and some of my step children have it, and some dont........

i work with a bunch of guys from all different walks of life and while most are fine, theres always that 1% that will bite you in the a**....

for me its a respect thing too. you just dont take stuff that doesnt belong to you.......

i grew up in a big city and learnt from a very young age to put stuff away at night and lock up everything. im still like it now even though i live in a small country town that really doesnt have any problems. habit i guess. my wife was the leave everything unlocked kind of person, but i guess she has sort of become like me slowly over the last decade or so.

JimD

I'm sorry for the loss of gas, there have been a lot of break ins in our area lately. A co-worker who lives about a mile from me had his home broken into two weeks ago. They took two guns and a laptop. Thankfully the Amish neighbor next door called the sheriff. He hasn't recovered anything yet.

bowtiebutler956

I don't blame you Kelly, I wouldn't be happy either! :banghead: Martin, I think its more than 1% you have to look out for these days. About 2 months ago an almost new Echo weed eater, and chain saw, mysteriously disappeared out of the lean too next to my shop! It's very frustrating that some people are this way. :banghead:

Matt :flags-texas:

stevasaurus

Kelly, I got to tell you that I would never believe that would happen in Michigan. Got to be those dang Wolverines. :bow-blue:

specialwheelhorse

Brother I'm with you on this. Ive had afew things taken over the years

and I cant help but remember a No Trespassing sign I saw in an antique

shop a couple years ago. Nearly 4 foot in diameter and clearly marked

NO TRESPASSING

VIOLATORS WILL BE SHOT !

SURVIVORS WILL BE PROSECUTED !

• Like 1

AMC RULES

How 'bout a sign stating that your security is provided by Smith and Wesson? :dunno:

Trouty56

"Due to the rising cost of ammunition there will no longer be a warning shot"

• Like 1

JamesBe1

Since I have two great big dogs that are just waiting to slobber someone to death, I haven't locked my doors in years.

Hydro

Hey Kelly, we all deal with people, some are honest some are not. Sometimes the biggest mistake we make is wanting to believe people will act like we do ( honourable that is). The only people we are fooling sometimes is ourselves. Regardless of how you are treated...if you can sleep at night after your wheeling and dealing and you know you have treated people fairly....then what they do is not within your control. What you do is bound by your ethics. Were you a victim...yes. Should it change your attitude...no. Will it modifiy your trust behaviour...probably.

otrelwood

i've been there i was too busy looking at cool stuff to even notice a gas can but some people think they gotta pull one off

KC9KAS

Wife had a sign in her previous marrage that said, "House protected by shotgun 3 nights a week....you guess which 3!"

SousaKerry

I feel your pain kelly. The first time i went to the big show in PA I took along a snow blower. It did not sell and the last day we.decided to make the short drive to Gettysburg to see the sights. We hung a sign on the blower with our phone number and a price and took off. After we came back the blower was gone and no one knew a thing about it......

Half my fault i guess bur enough to piss you off and leave a bad taste in your mouth. Needless to say it was very long ride back to MI.

squonk

Sounds like my next door neighbor's convict kids are making their rounds through the country. They have stolen countless gas cans (none from me) usually during snowmobile season, set homes on fire, broke into another neighbor's house when she was moved into a nursing home, broke into cars and stole a garden disc set from me. The younger brainless wonder called the police on himself when in that house he unplugged her life alert thinking it was some kind of radio. Cops and ambulance were called right away! :):ROTF: Nothing bad has happened since a few month's in jail and a year of in -house monitoring.

6wheeler

We just got a letter from our township about locking things up. Most of all pertaining to farm fuel tanks. I just took my 250 gallon tank down last weekend. I too now lock up what ever I can and pull the keys out of everything in the shed. My wife says " I don't think you need to worry about anybody stealing your stuff. With all the junk you keep dragging home, You should worry more about people dropping stuff off". What do you think she means by that :eusa-think: ?

AMC RULES

What do you think she means by that :eusa-think: ?

I think she's clearly commending your intelligence. :thumbs:

AMC RULES

Sent link in a PM. :thumbs:

I thought this one appropriate too, for the situation at hand. :teasing-poke:

post-3498-0-45723900-1336223593.jpg

KC9KAS

6wheeler....I think she means that the neighbors know where to leave their left over treasurers!

chazm

Sounds like my next door neighbor's convict kids are making their rounds through the country. They have stolen countless gas cans (none from me) usually during snowmobile season, set homes on fire, broke into another neighbor's house when she was moved into a nursing home, broke into cars and stole a garden disc set from me. The younger brainless wonder called the police on himself when in that house he unplugged her life alert thinking it was some kind of radio. Cops and ambulance were called right away! :):ROTF: Nothing bad has happened since a few month's in jail and a year of in -house monitoring.

sqounk, sounds like your neighbor kids are friends with mine.

Last weekend left my gas can out after mowing, next day went to get it & it was gone,

Yesterday when working in the garage, I looked across the street & sitting by their garage door was MY gas can,

Went over and sure enough it was, asked the guy what the F**k, he said that he was going to ask to barrow some gas ,but I wasn't home and didn't think I mind. ARE YOU FREAKING KINDING ME

Told the guy next time it would be Johnny Law coming to see him

Chasm

squonk

I was working in the garage yesterday and the worthless dudes were hanging out in the street with some of their worthless buds. One of these clowns had enough body spray on that all the dandelions in my yard died. :jaw:

Ken B

The only way to go is to get some video camera's. I have eight camera's strategically placed around my property. Thus far I have found out which neighbor was constantly letting his very LARGE dog crap on my lawn, everyday. The very first day I installed the system I snagged him letting his dog crap on the lawn. I was able to rewind the tape and snag him. I went down to his house and told him I'd appreciate it if he came up and cleaned up after his dog. At first he denied it but when I told him I have him on camera he came clean and he cleaned it up. That don't happen anymore. I also found out which neighbor hit my fence and which one kept running over the old ladies flowers. My system cost 2500 but you can get them cheaper. I can even keep an eye on my place from my puter at work if I want to. Beware signs are okay and all of that but if they know you aren't home then they also know you won't be shootin them. I keep my video monitor in the living room, it is on at all times. I can watch my kids and dogs outside in the yard at all times. My system also has night vision. You can purchase real cheap system's from Home depot or Harbor Freight. Just having a single camera and monitor in the house that can alert you that someone is on your property will give you and your wife piece of mind. She won't have to go outside to find out who it is.

perry

might be time to get a big'ol junk yard dog hanging around outside. and maybe build another corral.