Sign in to follow this  
racinfool40

Drive Pulleys

racinfool40

Ok .Myself and Lars (Knursen-The Norweign HillBilly)..LOL...Have been trying to find out what is going on with some drive pulleys for the Raiders..I have posted 2 pic's of the said pulley's..Both have 7492 stamped on one fin and Both have 100425 stamped on the other fin..But one is for 5/8 input shaft on raider 6-speeds-5060 trans.The other has a 3/4 shaft opening for??????? is the question.On his Raider which is in Norway has a 4-speed 5084 trans..Is this the case with the 5084,s here in the States????? Every manual and parts look up I have found, If you try to order this pulley you will get one with a 5/8 input shaft opening. Myself and Lars have searched and searched for this pulley with the 3/4 shaft opening and did find the one I have on E-bay..But the owner had no idea what it came on. So any insite would be great on these mystery drive pulleys..Thanks

Mike

002-24.jpg

001-25.jpg

Lars

Hey billyhill what is that thing sticks out in the bottom of the pict??????????? :laughing-rofl:

yep we realy need to find it out.. :eusa-think: :eusa-think:

• Like 1

Kelly

Well you got me thinking, and first thought was the newer 4 speed tractors used the larger drive pulley on the engine so they would need the larger pulley on the trans to keep the ratio correct, they didn't make many 4 speed tractors with the large engine pulley, and made non after 75, so I went to look at a few I have here well they are packed in like cord wood so it was hard to read a tape very good, should have taken calipers with me, but it looks like my B-80 4 speed has that pulley with a 3/4" hole, the 8 speed next to it looks to be 5/8" my guess is any newer 4 speed should have that pulley, they just bored it out for that application.

TT

7492 is the 5/8" bore pulley

100425 is the same pulley, but with the 3/4" bore ~ used on the 4 speed models with the brake drum mounted to the countershaft.

Tranz numbers appear to be 5080, 5084, & 5085 only,

racinfool40

Thanks Fellas, Makes a little more sense now..So if anyone out there needs these pulley make sure you get the right one for your input shaft.. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Mike.

AMC RULES

Hey billyhill what is that thing sticks out in the bottom of the pict??????????? :laughing-rofl:

Find out about what? :scratchead:

The pulley...or the thing sticking out? :ROTF:

Lars

Find out about what? :scratchead:

The pulley...or the thing sticking out? :ROTF:

:eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle: well.. both :eusa-whistle: