Sign in to follow this  
meadowfield

C31 Horse built in 1951 ?!?

meadowfield

Just got our latest UK publication of tractor and machinery and theres a prize winner at one of the shows with a 1951 Wheel Horse.... :ychain:

Sound like someone has been re-writing history and being inventive with the model number - I've never heard of a C31, pic looks like a 68-ish lawn ranger. :rolleyes:

IMG-20120430-00631.jpg

am I going mad ??

p.s. no offence D. Hastings if you are on here - I'm just curious..........

Coadster32

Shiney it is, but the dates are just a bit off.

AMC RULES

'68 vs. '51? :scratchead:

That's pretty close...right? :dunno:

meadowfield

hmmm, Rj58 was first one - oddly enough in 1958 wasn't it?

Kelly

No first with the WH name on it was 1955 RJ25 but that looks like a 65-68 Ranger with the wrong seat, but I see it all the time people are told something and they believe it's true, I bought a 1961 701 this weekend and the owner thought it was a 68 and had owned it for over 30 years.

You know now that I think about it I'm not sure the 55 said WH on it, it might have only said "ride away JR"

Edited by Kelly

meadowfield

No first with the WH name on it was 1955 RJ25 but that looks like a 65-68 Ranger with the wrong seat, but I see it all the time people are told something and they believe it's true, I bought a 1961 701 this weekend and the owner thought it was a 68 and had owned it for over 30 years.

thanks for that ! you learn something new every day.

mark

Anglo Traction

I saw that in the Mag as well Mark and was dubious about the Model Nbr. I went through my records last night and could not find any reference to C31.

As has been said, it is easy to be mis-guided with wrong info. I see he got the Blue Ribband for it in the Show...wonder who the Judges were?.

Nice finish on it though !.

neil

I went to this show, at the beginning of March at Tractor World, Malvern Shropshire & i saw this lawn ranger and it looked fantastic in the Flesh/ steel

I also guessed that the writer had got his information Mixed up.

The paintwork was probably a bit on the dark side of Red for the pureists but it was still a real nice job and it deserved its 2nd place status .

Infact a fellow RS member ( kpthorsefan ) also had a tractor on show and his was also a potential oosette winner in my opinion.

SousaKerry

Gotta love what some people think is true when a little basic research will avoid all confusion. Saw a Graig's list add this weekend that said two 1950's wheel horses, asked for pictures and they were an 856 and a raider 12. not quite 50's :roll:

tgranthamfd

Bad information happens, I met a couple from one town away that actually have a Wheelhorse. That is not common around here. They had a C-141 auto that they had gotten from her grandmother in New York. They was completely convensed that it was one of the first Wheelhorses made from the 50's. There was no changing their mind, so I didn't even try. They had a 42" side discharge deck that they were trying to get 6 bills out of, due to the old wheel horse they had. Some prople will just believe anything they are told.

meadowfield

I was introduced to a guy last week - who apparently had a wh... it was the size of a grey fergie and worth thousands! but didn't work and had been sat down the garden for 10 years! :D

buckrancher

the first one with wheel horse on it was the late year 1956 RJ35's

Anglo Traction

I wonder what sort of response this subject would attract if the question was posed on the other UK Forum for Vintage Machinery ? .Could make interesting reading.

meadowfield

hmmm, whilst we all see it as light hearted - I think that it would be taken slightly more seriously and someone might take their bat and ball home!

Duff

hmmm, whilst we all see it as light hearted - I think that it would be taken slightly more seriously and someone might take their bat and ball home!

Tsk! Tsk! He who has no sense of humor shouldn't go to the ball park in the first place! :ychain:

Duff :laughing-lettersrofl:

Tim LaPree

the first one with wheel horse on it was the late year 1956 RJ35's

The decal on the 1955 RJ25/35 and the RS83 had Wheel-Horse on it and it's possible some of the 1954 RS83s had the same decal.