Sign in to follow this  
Pollack Pete

Points Push-Rod Plug

Pollack Pete

I hate to ramble on and on with this breakerless to points conversion,but I have one more question.I watched the video link that Anglo Traction posted and I'm wondering if anyone here has removed that little points push rod plug without removing the oil pan.If I have to remove the pan I will.Just looking for an easier,lazy man way to remove the plug.Thanks for any and all info.

Jim_M

Just push it into the pan, it will come out with your next oil change.

JC 1965

Don't worry about that little plug. Just take a punch close the same size as the hole, gently tap it with a hammer, it will come loose pretty easy. It will fall in the oil pan and probably come out in the next oil change. If it don't come out in the oil, don't worry about it. It is heavy enough to stay on the bottom of the oil pan and small enough to not be a problem. I did mine about three years ago and it's still in there. My tractor starts much faster and runs better since i changed it to points. Go for it, you'll be glad you did. Hope this helps. :thumbs2:

Stigian

I agree with Jim and Jerry, just knock the plug inside the sump. I did that with one of my engines and it hasn't caused any problems. :thumbs: