Sign in to follow this  
microtcpip

Wheel Horse 310-8

Duff

Hi, Steven, and let me join the ranks who are saying B) . You've joined a terrific bunch of folks here with an incredible amount of knowledge about these great tractors!

I'm a relative newbie myself with a '89 312-8, which is essentially your tractor two years younger with a slightly larger engine. Your machine looks like a really nice unit. B) Be prepared to become totally hooked on your tractor, and as someone mentioned earlier on, it probably won't live alone forever - I'm already looking for another to keep mine company.....

Following up on TT's mention of the in-tank strainer attached to the fuel shutoff at the bottom of your fuel tank, my tractor had been sitting dry and unused for about six years when I got it. When I began restoring mine, I instinctively pulled that shut-off out of the tank (it's a friction fit thingy) and found that screen was caked with crud. I'd recommend replacing the valve (screen comes attached) and the rubber gasket that holds it in place at the same time you replace your fuel line. An in-line filter is also a pretty good idea. Not terribly expensive, and good insurance.

I'll be watching your posts. When you get to the mowing deck, I've gotten pretty familiar with mine, a 37" side discharge like yours, during restoration and will gladly offer what little help/advice I can. The 37" cuts very, very nicely I've found.

Again, B) , and be prepared to have a lot of fun around here!

Cheers!

Duff :whistle:

Buzz

Hello Guys! Here are the numbers from bellow the sit:

ID# 2110k804 20051

Glad you found the numbers and are getting the help you need. Your model number is 21-10K804 (did you notice the dash) and when looking up information you need to write it that way. If you want a parts breakdown of your tractor go here and enter your model number:

https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro

Here's a link to both the owners and the service manuals for the Kohler Magnum engine. Download them and read through the section on carburetors and the fuel system. I always print out the pages I'm going to be working on if I'm not familar with it.

http://www.kohlerengines.com/onlinecatalog...0&clsfam=Magnum

Good luck, have fun, and enjoy your new hobby................ :horseplay:

Duff

Hi, Steven,

If you haven't got one, you're going to need one of those funky six-sided belts to drive your 37" mower deck. At retail they are ridiculously expensive (up to $40, I think....). :whistle:

There's one on eBay right now. I don't know how to post a link, but the item number is 260259592686:

wheel horse wheelhorse toro belt #111178

I've dealt with this seller and he's on the up-and-up. If you can get it for anything under 30 bucks you've gotten a deal!

Duff B)