Sign in to follow this  
dobeleo

Model No. 79370 Tiller

dobeleo

I found a Model No. 79370 Tiller for sale.. I have a 1986 312-A. I looked at an implement chart here and I think it will fit on my beast. Could someone verify that this will fit and also I am looking for a manual so I can see if the tiller has all the parts.

Thanks all for your help!

Dan

Shorewood, Illinois

dobeleo

Just bumping this to the top

I appreciate all your input!

Dan

Shorewood, Illinois

zieg72

Yes this should fit your tractor. I have seen this on Craigslist, make sure it is all there. You have to install a lift cable if your tractor doesn't have one. https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/ is the place to go, type in the model # and you will see what it is and what should be all there and also what is needed.

dobeleo

Thanks Zieg72,

I downloaded the manuals from the Toro website.

Dan

Road-Track

make sure you also get the rear clamps that bolt on the axle if you don't already have them :eusa-think:

oneroadkingman

that funny i found one also picking up sat.?? what are tillers worth??

dobeleo

I emailed him, he does not have the rear clamps that go around the axle or the cable.

Are they hard to find?

312Hydro

I emailed him, he does not have the rear clamps that go around the axle or the cable.

Are they hard to find?

If you have a snow plow then you already have that rear axle bracket. You can make the cable if you can't find one. Tractor Supply has cable and clamps . Does your tractor have the rock shaft (assembly lever, part # 5 https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/ rear axle mount hitch 110044 ) above the axle? Not a must have as I've seen other members just run the cable to the front rock shaft. There is a helper spring (4629) that makes it easier to pick up. I still have to make the mid hitch idler assembly as it and belt were missing when I bought mine. I also made the assembly lever as my 312H didn't have it either.

Kevinfxst

I have a   70's  C-120 and  a 73' auto  will this  79370 tiller mount to these tractors  ?   I  see on the toro web site there is a mid mount idler assembly  do I need that also for my  two tractors to make it work  ?   thanks ahead of time for any helpful information