Sign in to follow this  
608KEB

what type of transmission fluid do I need c-160 auto

608KEB

I have a c-160 auto model # 10440 8 serial # 929922 Do i need transmission fluid or 10w30 i have B-100s that use 10w30 KB

608KEB

picture of decal

squonk

I run Mobil 1 10W30 in mine.

608KEB

It had transmission fluid in it. I changed it with transmission fluid again.

Hodge71

Well its a 1973 so it can go either way. The best way to know is to check your dipstick. If the fluid is red then it was never changed over to 10W-30. If its clear or yellowish, then it was changed over to 10W-30 at an earlier time. After that the choice is up to you. Keep in mind that if its Dexron ATF and you decide to change it over to motor oil now, they don't play well together. You might have to drain, fill with oil, run it then drain and fill with oil again so that the cross contamination is limitied. Switching to synthetic at this time is up to you also. I have a 1973 18 Automatic that I will be running Mobil-1 synthetic ATF in after my restoration is complete. I have a completely rebuilt hydraulic system thats totally empty so the transition to synthetic will be easier.

I guess I was too late...lol

Edited by hodge71

can whlvr

leave it with what it had,atf works fine in them,some of us think its even better than 10w30 like me