Sign in to follow this  
kris22

home made rear blade

kris22

So im new to the site, never posted before now just used it for information and ideas. Years ago in high school welding class I made a cat 0 three point rear blade from a set of plans from my stop teacher tractor magazine. My old bolens didn't have a three point hitch so I made a 2" receiver and an adaptor for it to pivot off the bottom and I would lift it by the lift cable attached to the top link mount. Anyways I blew the motor in the old girl and been wanting to put the plow on a horse so today I made a mount for my charger 9 (it has a 6.5hp briggs on it. I know I know a horse with a briggs, in my opinion its still better than the finiky tec that sadly came on it. And again I know a 6.5 believe it or not it doesn't seem to struggle at all with the 8sp that I swapped into it) that resembles the class 3 hitch on ebay but with my own twist. I had purchased a 3000lb. winch from HF and welded up a bracket to be able to lift the plow with or get me out of a dumb decision. Plow pivots on both x and y axis which makes it very convenient for odd grades and can spin a full 180° so I can push or pull it. Basicly I just want to see what you guys think of it.

kris22

ill post pics as soon as i can get them on my computer.

kris22

here are some pics

post-6477-0-77334600-1335075635_thumb.jp

post-6477-0-26195400-1335075708_thumb.jp

post-6477-0-21165900-1335075782_thumb.jp

• Like 4

varosd

Wow, looks great how is it working out? are you using out on loose dirt or gravel?

and

:WRS:

AMC RULES

Looks like it should work pretty good Kris, have you tried it out yet ?

Hydro

Looks like a real nice set up :thumbs: Do you need any weight up front?

shootinok

Saweeet !!

gwgdog66

:woohoo: :WRS:

KC9KAS

Welcome to RS, and very nice grader blade.

Does the winch cable just connect to the area of the 3 pt hitch where the top link would connect?

kris22

Wow, looks great how is it working out? are you using out on loose dirt or gravel?

and

in the past ive used it on loose dirt, stone dust, mulch, snow, came in handy for spreading the 2yds of stone dust my grandfather got for redoing his driveway. as soon as it was done i played around in some old grass compost we had pushed up agaist a fence but other than that i havent used it yet

Looks like a real nice set up :thumbs: Do you need any weight up front?

i absolutly need weight in the front even without the plow the front end comes off the ground if im not careful letting out the clutch but i dont know what im gonna make yet, kinda want to avoid wheel weights mainly because i have a set of ags i am debating on putting on it, any ideas on homemade weights would be appreciated.

Welcome to RS, and very nice grader blade.

Does the winch cable just connect to the area of the 3 pt hitch where the top link would connect?

ya the winch cable goes to the top link as of now, when it was on my bolens i had an actual top link on it so i could have down pressure but it was real slow going raising and lowering it.

not even 12hrs later and i want to build a scarifier of sorts that will attach to the bottom of the plow so i can rip up untouched ground. i wanna bring it to the show in somers, ct. may 19th. will probably get alot of ugly looks from the purists having swapped motor and trans and whatnot but any attention is good attention in my book

3609horse

Thats a nice project, Put some paint on that plow and you have a nice lookin set up. You should be proud of the work you did on that plow, looks stronger than anything you can get at TC. Keep up the good work.

Hydro

A FEL would solve your problems. Could be your next project! :eusa-think: :thumbs:

kris22

A FEL would solve your problems. Could be your next project! :eusa-think::thumbs:

I most certainly agree but the tractor fund is a little scarce. Ill gladly take donations of parts to put it together. I was even thinking maybe a jonny bucket or something similar make the most out of this little tractor as I don't need it to mow I have a c81 for that with the 42" SD that came off the charger

sgtsampay

Hey kris, do you think you can get some more pictures of your hitch? I'm very intrigued by you idea of a simple 3pt hitch. Thanks

Tankman

Very nice setup! I'm looking for one constantly, 'course I'm looking to trip on one that's been growin' cobwebs.

Excellent! Moving gravel with the snow blade doesn't quite cut it.

Good job!

JC 1965

I agree with Bobby, I would like to see some more pictures. Very nice setup !! :WRS:

kris22

thanks for the compliments on it, it took a while to plan, bulid, and adapt, i'ld be more than happy to post more pictures of the plow and my "3pt adaptor" i just have to take them sometime this weekend hopefully. ill put them up asap. i just cant post any new ones of it hooked up though as i found "wheel horse weakness" the hard way last weekend, my trans decided to divorce my frame, gotta do some major surgery and re-enforcing in the near future