Sign in to follow this  
gwgdog66

85-42MS01 SD 42 inch deck

gwgdog66

I'm rebuilding my spindles on this mower deck, and lost the pulley woodruff keys some where. The PN# is Hard Hi Pro Key [937222].

Does anyone know the size of the woodruff key? The mower shop is closed and I think I can get the key at Ace hardware.

Thanks

bowtiebutler956

Hey Gary. The hardware would probably have it, but I know my local Orielly's here has a good selection of woodruff keys. So if Ace doesn't have it, give them a try. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

gwest_ca

Product service bulletin 429 tells us to leave the key out and replace the locknut with a lock washer and free running nut if the spindles are greaseable. Just make sure the pulley is free to spin on the shaft before the nut and washer are installed. Good spot for some Neverseize. The direction of rotation keeps the nut tight and this setup is the same as the most recent spindles. Torque 50-90 lbs.

Garry

gwgdog66

Product service bulletin 429 tells us to leave the key out and replace the locknut with a lock washer and free running nut if the spindles are greaseable. Just make sure the pulley is free to spin on the shaft before the nut and washer are installed. Good spot for some Neverseize. The direction of rotation keeps the nut tight and this setup is the same as the most recent spindles. Torque 50-90 lbs.

Garry

I'll keep that in mind for the next time.