Sign in to follow this  
Shuboxlover

D series rear PTO RPM

Shuboxlover

What is it?

I was under the asumption the it was 540, but just saw a new post in the tractor section stating that it was 2000?

The reason I ask is....I had plans to use my D tiller on my John Deere 430 I bought in January, but realized the rear PTO on the 430 is 2000 RPM. Needless to say I was VERY bummed!!!!!!!!!!!! But now, if it's true that the D tiller is setup for 2000 RPM, I am suddenly WAY more excited.

Does anyone know if the JD spins the same direction and the WH?

otrelwood

i dont know about the 430 but the 400 is the same kohler engine

1maidenfan

The D series PTO does rotate at 2000 rpm (max engine rpm).

Hook up the tiller and turn pto on, if the blades are turning forward towards mower it is turning(rotating) the same as the wheel horse. I was actually going to try and get my tiller to rotate the opposite direction because when using the tiller with the direction it rotates it wants to push you, would like for it to pull against tractor.

Should work just fine. :wwp:

Shuboxlover

That is EXCELLENT news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now.....................I just need to shell out the $400 for a 3 point and roughly $1K for the rear PTO.... :shock::evil:

In due time

1maidenfan

That is EXCELLENT news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now.....................I just need to shell out the $400 for a 3 point and roughly $1K for the rear PTO.... :shock::evil:

In due time

OUCH ! Should be able to find all that for much less. Keep an eye on ebay and craigslist and of coarse :rs:

Shuboxlover

I HAVE been watching eBay.....that's what I based my prices on....if you have a lead where I can pick up that stuff for less than that PLEASE let me know!!!!

1maidenfan

I HAVE been watching eBay.....that's what I based my prices on....if you have a lead where I can pick up that stuff for less than that PLEASE let me know!!!!

I seen the ebay listing for the 3 point hitch for $399 but it has damage that would need attention. There is an ebay seller from michigan called joes outdoor equipment or some thing like that, he ussually has some D stuff and sold a pto, complete not to long ago for way less than a grand.

Will watch my area on craigslist for the parts you need. They will come up, be patient.

Good luck in your search.

1maidenfan

Thier is a guy in my area that has a D160 for sale with some attachments, he wants a min. of $1200 for it all. Check ebay item # 261005910601

If it doesnt make reserve he is going to part it out.

FYI

Shuboxlover

Oh.....I'm sorry....I was talking about the rear PTO and 3pt. stuff for my John Deere. Sorry for the misunderstanding :)

1maidenfan

Oh.....I'm sorry....I was talking about the rear PTO and 3pt. stuff for my John Deere. Sorry for the misunderstanding :)

Gotcha, guess I should read post more carefully :confusion-confused: Had one of those :text-blondmoment: :text-lol: