Sign in to follow this  
tomr406

Tecumseh 100hh rebuild help........

tomr406

I just took apart my Tecumseh and I check the bore and came up with 3.3140 Inchs. I was woundering if I should have the bored out or go with stock ring because its on the boarder line. stock is 3.3120 to 3.3130.

please let me know..

Anglo Traction

Your Bore wear is therefore only 0.002" at worse!. Depending what your Ring wear and Bore condition is, it shouldn't need a rebore. Maybe a Hone to de-glaze it and fit New Rings IMO.

tomr406

the cylinder wall has very very light marks. If i hone it little it might take an other .002 to get the marks out. so i will be ,004" over the spec.

bowtiebutler956

If you don't hone it, your new rings will not seat into the bore properly. You would be better off honing it. Or just bore it and be done with it. I've put rings in cylinders with to much wear many times in my life, and had decent success, but I always honed them. :twocents-02cents:

Matt :flags-texas:

Anglo Traction

Hmm, Tecky's used to supply a Re- Ring Set for minimal bore wear Overhauls, but I doubt if they're still available. If I recall correctly the next Re-Bore size would be +0.010".

OEM parts are serious money.

Whichever way you go, check your Conrod Small End/Pin bore for wear also.

Regards

wheelhorse656

They used to make .003 thousenths over but they dont now. :( you should be fine just honing the bore until it has a nice cross hatch pattern. I would say .002 at he most you should be fine with just new rings.