Sign in to follow this  
stault

Briggs engine overhall kit, Wheel Horse 211-5SB

stault

I'm looking for a kit to rebuild my 11hp ic engine and don't know if one is available or a rebuilt or some sort of replacement engine, I've had my tractor since new and as they say they don't makem like this anymore

Robert McCracken

I have a GT1142 which needs Carb work. I sent it to a local shop and he said it is just worn out. A friend brought it home for me, and started it and backed it off the trailer. However, as he had worked (fooled around with) on it. Now it runs but only on full choke. I am just going to have to figure it out. I will follow the post to see what other's know about this engine. Good luck.

Rooster

More than likely the engines are not worth messing with.

Most of the briggs 11hp engines were aluminum bore (Known as "Cool Bores") and when they are shot they are shot!

They can be rebuilt, bored over and such, but if you are going to spend that much money, the Briggs 12 hp will bolt right in the same place, most of them are cast Iron bores and MUCH better engines!

You should also be able to easily upgrade to an OHV Briggs engine as well, they will still bolt in. That would depend on clearance.

You can often find the Briggs OHV engines still in great shape on many used mowers for little money.

• Like 1

blueberryhillfarm

Rooster, interesting. I have a blown B/S 11 hp on a 211-4. Really came apart inside. Not able to find a replacement 11 hp locally. What do I do to find the 12 hp replacement? . May bring all to the June collectors show at south mountain in June to sell or part out.

redhorse100

Rooster, interesting. I have a blown B/S 11 hp on a 211-4. Really came apart inside. Not able to find a replacement 11 hp locally. What do I do to find the 12 hp replacement? . May bring all to the June collectors show at south mountain in June to sell or part out.

i have a 1978 11 hp briggs runs good in a b-111 for sale if interested i am in the poconos pa near pocono raceway thanks joe

Rooster

The Briggs 12 hp were on many many riding mowers over the years...should be easy to find!

• Like 1