Sign in to follow this  
JC 1965

Spindle bearings for 42" side discharge mower

JC 1965

The Toro spindle bearings #109966 are around $10 each. ( ouch ! ) I want to replace all 6 of mine. Has anyone purchased after market bearings ? If so where is the best place to get them ? I have seen some on e-bay that say they are replacements for #109966, and some of them say they are sealed on both sides and some say they are sealed on one side. ( which is best? ) Also in my manual it says the bearings are metric. The ones on e-bay don't say they are metric the size is listed as ID=.669 OD=1.578 Height=.475 . Does anyone know if these will work? Has anyone tried them? HELP !!

WH252-H

Jerry

I'm a newbie to WH but I believe these are the 17mm ID x 40mm OD x 12mm Thickness. You can measure or have someone measure them to be sure. Then search them on the web or any auto parts store. A common number for this size is 6203 with different letters telling weather they are shielded or sealed on one side or both. I would get the sealed bearings. I find that bearings sealed on both sides are less expensive. Then you just use a sharp pointy object to carefuly remove the seal on one side of each bearing. I just dismantled my 42" deck and searched and found a lot for around $8 each and even lower if you buy a 10 pack. I did see a lot of very cheap chinese stuff out there so shop wisely!

Hope I helped!

JC 1965

Thanks WH252-H, Now i know the metric size to look for. Thanks again!! :thumbs2: