CTBT&D

Drive belt idler pulley

CTBT&D

This is a small modification and I haven't seen it on :rs: before. My 416H belt flopped around so bad that it hit the side cover, after putting on a new belt it didn't improve much, so I added a flat idler. My 520H belt was missing about a 1" chunk, so after installing a new belt, it had the same issue. The idler is 3 1/4" and is from TSC (3" to 3 1/2" would fit fine). The tension idler on the left raised up slightly but wasn't a problem.

post-5789-0-31215500-1334015526_thumb.jp

There is already a hole in the hoodstand, I used a 1/4" bolt, but the hole is the right size to tap 5/16" threads if you wanted to use a larger bolt. With a couple of washers a spacer it was installed. I was tightening the steering and had this apart already. I got similar results to Duke's post on the steering play. It's not hard to adjust, but takes a lot of time.

Just my :twocents-02cents:

Craig

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Nice work! Does the belt cover still fit ok? :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

CTBT&D

No issues with the cover on the 416H or 520H.

Hydro

Both my 416 & 520 slapped around like that. Great idea. :text-goodpost: FYI I do not have any issues with my 97 Hydro because it has the cold weather disengage which I think takes up slack by putting more pressure on the drive belt. There are also belt guides as shown below for model 73403 Note this is for a Kohler application.

47r10012.gif