Sign in to follow this  
krazy_horse

Tell me it aint so...

krazy_horse

My 856 was not braking to well so this a.m. I was going to adjust the band when I found freash 90wt. trans oil on the brake band and pully. It looks to be seeping between the shaft where it comes out of the tranny. I have never been inside one of these trannys but it looks like the seal will be an inside job. Is this correct? What parts will I need to have on hand? I am going to The Wheel Horse Show in June so I will leave her parked till then. Regards, Jim O yes its a 3 speed

WH854

My 856 was not braking to well so this a.m. I was going to adjust the band when I found freash 90wt. trans oil on the brake band and pully. It looks to be seeping between the shaft where it comes out of the tranny. I have never been inside one of these trannys but it looks like the seal will be an inside job. Is this correct? What parts will I need to have on hand? I am going to The Wheel Horse Show in June so I will leave her parked till then. Regards, Jim O yes its a 3 speed

It's been done from the outside you have to take the break drum off :thumbs:

Chas

WH854

Seals for it

3/4 " Brake Shaft 100441 C/R 7410

1" Axle -Old Brake Shaft 1232 C/R 9815

5/8 (.625) Input Shaft 100442 C/R 6105

1-1/8" Axle 100443 C/R 11050

krazy_horse

You guys made my day. Thanks so much for the info. and part numbers. Thanks again. Regards, Jim

krazy_horse

Supporter listed the number of a one inch old brake shaft seal as #1232 cr 9615. The local NAP say they cannot find this number. Any one have a cross refferance number? The tractor is a 856 with a three speed. Thanks jim

racinfool40

The new Toro # is 100863 which is the same for the 1" axle seal and can be used for both the 1" axle and the 1" brake shaft.

MIKE

pfrederi

Supporter listed the number of a one inch old brake shaft seal as #1232 cr 9615. The local NAP say they cannot find this number. Any one have a cross refferance number? The tractor is a 856 with a three speed. Thanks jim

Maybe because the # is 9815 not 9615 as you typed above

krazy_horse

Thanks Mike, I called Napa back and gave them the number you gave and the seal will be here in a.m. Yes, I am bad about hitting the wrong key and transposing numbers but I"m and old guy!!