Sign in to follow this  
Shuboxlover

314-Auto misses a beat....

Shuboxlover

I picked this tractor up (1994 314 Auto) a couple weeks ago and while I was running it through its' paces checking eveything out, while I was mowing at WOT it would hesitate for a split second every now and again. It was just a real quick hiccup. It does it fairly consisitantly, doesn't seems to matter if the engine is warm or not. It's a Magnum, so there are no points to check/adjust. Where would you start. Do you think it's as simple as a carb cleaning, or should I look at something else?

Thanks

gwgdog66

I picked this tractor up (1994 314 Auto) a couple weeks ago and while I was running it through its' paces checking eveything out, while I was mowing at WOT it would hesitate for a split second every now and again. It was just a real quick hiccup. It does it fairly consisitantly, doesn't seems to matter if the engine is warm or not. It's a Magnum, so there are no points to check/adjust. Where would you start. Do you think it's as simple as a carb cleaning, or should I look at something else?

Thanks

Probably some varnish in one of the passages. I picked up a 312-8 a while back with low hours, and wound up replacing the line; filter and cleaning the carb real good to get it to smooth out.

can whlvr

yep i agree its something in the carb or float bowl

varosd

consider gunk in the gas tank. the in tank filter will sometimes get clogged and unclogged as gas swishes back and forth. I know thehard way! real easy to drop the tank,clean it out and replace the fuel lines and filter at the same time.

Shuboxlover

GREAT sugestions guys....gonna clean the tank out and clean the carb!!!

I'll keep you updated!!!!

Thanks