Sign in to follow this  
combatmp29r

Hey JD Terry

combatmp29r

Terry JD type,

I have a neighbors 210 in the shop is there anywhere online I can find an owners manual or ipl for it? its a 1977 serial # 210F 071315M. I want over to WFM and ran the serial to make sure the owner was right on age. No clue where to get manuals though. Well without paying a fortune. This one has what I believe to be a fuel problem. Haven't really dug into it yet though.

T-Mo

Joe,

I had a '79 210 up to April when I sold it. I had a service manual for it then, but I let it go with the tractor. Unless you find one on ebay or over on wfm, the service manuals are pricey, especially in paper versions. You can get the CD from JD tech pubs for about half of what you pay for the paper version.

As for the parts list, all JD's equipment you can access online by going here: Parts Catalog

You can access the manuals page by going here: Manuals Request

That 210 has the K-241 Kohler on it and the fuel set up would be similar to say a C-101 with a fuel pump, fuel tank under the seat, etc. The good thing about the parts catalog web site is that it breaks down the engine without going to Kohler's site, but JD uses it's own part numbers in a lot of cases instead of Kohler's.

combatmp29r

Thanks Terry. This one loses power if you try to climb a hill with it while mowing. Mows great on level ground no matter how deep the grass is, but as soon as you ask it to climb a hill and continue to mow it just dies down. Disengage the deck, or put it in nuetral and it all goes right back to full throttle. It will it on the hill and run fine with the deck engaged, or will climb the hill fine with out the deck engaged. So I don't think its a fuel delivery problem. Actually kinda sounds like a governor issue to me, but again its only in the shop, and I haven't pulled piece one off it to start looking around yet. Just pulled all the numbers.

JosephC

I owned a 1976 John Deere 210 with hydrawlic mower lift. My next door neighbor has 2 -210's one that he has restored and the other that he mowes with. I went over to his garage to talk to him about your problem. He is a Big Green fan and he came up with this idea to fix your problem. Check the veri-drive and clutch springs, he said that either of these springs are loose or worn out and that the veri-drive clutch has or has started to seperate loosing ground speed and making the governer not kick in.

T-Mo

The variable drive (or variator) does need some lubrication from time to time. But, usually the pulley(s) freeze up and the variator doesn't work in some of the notches or the tractor doesn't move at all.