Sign in to follow this  
Docwheelhorse

Any Kohler Magnum Single wiring experts??

Docwheelhorse

Hello All and Happy Easter!!

So.... I have a Kohler Magnum 10 that I plan on doing a transplant with.... the engine harness has two red wires (Easy---its the oil sensor) then it has a white wire (Ignition kill I think) then a Yellow and a Black----I know one is 12 volt charging and the other must be a lighting AC voltage circuit, this motor has no regulator so it must be the 3 amp unregulated charging / headlight circuit only setup. But which wire is which?

I looked at another one of my magnums (this one has a regulator) and it has the two reds, the white and a Purple---the purple leads to the BAT terminal on the regulator. This engine doesn't have the yellow or black so it wasn't any help.

Thanks in Advance

Tony

TT

Yellow is lighting power and the black (with diode) is the charging wire.

dcstator005.jpg

Docwheelhorse

Thanks!!!! Realised too late I should of posted this in Electrical.... feel free to move it if that would be better spot.

Tony

JC 1965

Yellow is lighting power and the black (with diode) is the charging wire.

dcstator005.jpg

Terry, I have a 14 hp mag with the 3 amp stator and wiring like this that came out of a 314-8. I want to transplant it into my C-121 that had the old K-301. I can't figure out to wire it up. should i use the Ignition switch out of the 314-8? :dunno: This engine has no regulator soooo I don't know which wire goes where. :hide: I could sure use some help here. :eusa-whistle:

TT

Yes, you will need the switch from the 314. Wire it according to the 314 schematic.

Docwheelhorse

Hi---The magnum has a magneto ignition and the older K has the 12 vdc Delco setup. If you use the 121 switch you will send 12 VDC into the magneto coil which will ultimitely cost you $75..... :eek:

Tony

JC 1965

Thanks Terry and Tony, :thumbs2: I appreciate your help. I want to get this done without smoking any expensive electrical parts. :hide: Most of the time I can figure out the wiring but because of the differences in these engines, I just wasn't sure. :text-thankyoublue: