Sign in to follow this  
tommyg

Will it fit a D180?

tommyg

I'm looking at a 60" deck model C560SC02 off of a 520H. Any idea if it would fit my D180? How could I find out?

Kelly

I'm not a D person, but I think the hangers on top of a D deck are taller, other than that I think it will fit, you may be able to swap parts from your deck to this one, assuming you have a deck.

Hodge71

The carriage on a D is totally different then that of a regular C/3/4/5 series tractor. They definitely don't interchange. The biggest problem is finding the deck carriage from a D series. I was actuall going to buy a bad deck from a D for $150 just for the carriage. The space between the tires will fit the 60 incher but even with the D carriage it may be necessary to modify the carriage to slide the deck back a bit, more toward the rear tires. You will also need a D series mule drive and figure on a custom drive belt, because the factory mower drive belt isnt going to fit once you start jockeying the deck around. I'm still trying to figure out the whole belt tensioning. On a C the mule drive tensions your belt, on a D the mule drive isnt adjustable so I'm at a loss at this point.

Hydro

Jeff take a look at the 48" John Deere 3 in 1 deck. If I remember correctly they came out around '94. The one pulley cams with a tension spring and an arm which locks in place. This might give you some ideas.

coldone

The belt tensioning on a D is done with the deck tachamatic bracket. There is a sliding arm on the bracket that part of the deck hanging system mates with. This sliding bracket is adjusted by a hand screw that is located under the drivers side foot board. By turning the hand screw clockwise it forces the sliding bracket forward which forces the entire deck rearward causing tension on the belt. I will see if I can get some pics for you.

tommyg

Well, I do have the carriage for a D mower. That's not a problem. If I can get this deck at a reasonable cost, I might give it a go. I'm confident the power from the 18 hp Kohler would be fine. The mule drive is in place. Belt tensioning is accomplished by using the handwheel near the brake pedal that actually moves the deck forward or backward. Changing the belt size would be an easy thing to do if necessary. Anyone know of a page on the Toro site or anywhere else that cross references any of this stuff?

1maidenfan

Check (send pm) to jdog he might have the brackets. I am wanting to put a 48" deck under my D and he said he had the brackets to change the carriage so it will fit. :twocents-02cents: