Sign in to follow this  
mark89

5.5 tec

mark89

looking for a rebuild kit for my tec the jug bore is 2.625 it looks good dont know if thats std or bored the crank is 1.59 both need to be cut an bored alos the id tag HT55B 3089 P 12A15 any help would bee good

SkyhawkTL

I rebuilt an H55D-2113 original Tecumseh that was in a 551 Suburban. I used a rebuild kit for a H60-75213F and it worked out well. It is a lot easier gettting parts for the H60. The exploded view and part numbers are online also. My carb was 50 years old and worn so I replaced it. These engines rebuild nice and are very dependable.

Hope this helps.

DSC00257.jpg

DSC00500.jpg

• Like 1

Terry M

Skyhawk, just curious where you bought your tecumseh rebuild kit? I'm planning on rebuilding a HH60 for my 606 restore. Where on line did you find the exploded view and parts list?

just curious, thanks

AMC RULES

refracman

Just a note on rebuilding a techy. They have a crank bushing not a bearing If it worn the timing can be far enough off you will still have good spark but it will not run.

If the crank play is just a few thousands it can be enough to be a problem.

mark89

The bore an rod stroke are the same

wheelhorse656

Skyhawk, just curious where you bought your tecumseh rebuild kit? I'm planning on rebuilding a HH60 for my 606 restore. Where on line did you find the exploded view and parts list?

just curious, thanks

i sell the kits for the h60 tecumseh. I can get 10 or 20 over piston and rings. It comes with STD rod or .10 under Rod. complete gasket kit and seals. New points and condencer and a spark plug. Coils can be added to the order for an extra $25. Not to mention I give a set of instruction on how to install the rod and rings and a list of all the torque specs on the engine.

SkyhawkTL

just curious, thanks

Sorry for the late reply - was tied up. Actually I scouted for it on ebay and ended up getting a great deal on NOS. Carb also.

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=tecumseh&mn=H60-75213F is where I bought actual parts like new headbolts.

refracman above is exactly correct about the ignition. Check the crank bearing on the flywheel side for excessive wear, this is important.

wheelhorse656

Dont be shocked if you take it apart and thier is no crank bearings. Most tecumsehs 2-6 hp motors did not have them. Some did I have a few that do.