Sign in to follow this  
redidbull

Lift Assist

redidbull

I finally got my dozer blade/snow plow mounted. It is a bear to pick up and I was wondering if there is a kit or pieces that I can add to make it more mechanical vs man power. I have seen hydro on these before but have not seen any for sale recently and I am sure they are $$$. Has anyone done anything else to help? Thanks. Jim

kpinnc

Heck, I've hung suitcase weights on mine to make it cut better, and that was on a manual-lift tractor.

If yours is that hard to raise, you may have another issue. If it's a 42-inch blade, it should be fairly easy to lift. The larger blades are more work, and obviously they do get heavy after several times of lifting them regardless, but it shouldn't be too bad.

redidbull

I have not tried to lube anything nor have I check to make sure it is hooked up to the correct place on the lift. I will do a little investigation tomorrow. I also have a homemade mount on the rear of the blade. Maybe it is too tight. Thanks. Jim

varosd

Jim,

It really shouldnt be a bear to lift...if you have it mounted correctly. and by "a bear to lift"..do you mean weight or possible binding? I have a 48 blade on my B-80 and (with all the great advice of RS folks) it lifts easier than the 42 snowthrower.

Which blade model number, which tractor are you putting it on would help?

redidbull

Jim,

It really shouldnt be a bear to lift...if you have it mounted correctly. and by "a bear to lift"..do you mean weight or possible binding? I have a 48 blade on my B-80 and (with all the great advice of RS folks) it lifts easier than the 42 snowthrower.

Which blade model number, which tractor are you putting it on would help?

The plow is a 42 I believe and it is on a 73 no name 12 HP. It seems hard to lift to me not sure if it is binding. It could be binding. Also how high do the plows raise? Mine raises just a couple inches. Thanks for the help. Jim

varosd
cb9bc073.jpg

redidbull

cb9bc073.jpg

Thank you. I am pretty sure I am missing something. I do not remember seeing a chain at all. Do I put the blade on piece 27 or 19? Thanks again. Jim

can whlvr

i take off the mower lift bar 27 when i put the snow blade on,it hooks to 19,use the picture above for prper holes,use can use a solid bar for manual down pressure,or just a chain

Horse Fanatic

You can see in the diagram that the forward hole on #27 is for the chain to lift the blade. As can whlvr stated, there are other ways to do it as well.

Hydro

This should be an easy lift for you. The blade when leveraged as shown is not difficult to manage. If you have a manual lift then maybe more difficult to manage the down pressure but not the lift.

varosd

try this link. here are 2 photos from that link showing the hookup. my B-80 doesnt have a chain, it has a solid rod with a trunion at the end that can be moved between the holes on part 19. it's a matter of leverage. your blade should have a rectangle silver tab that attaches between the blade and part 27. any pictures?

3e67e2dd.jpg

eabfe1ed.jpg

see the silver "tab" on my 48? that connects to the lift arm

plow2.jpg

redidbull

Thank you all for all the help. I was able to completely redo the lift system to match what was shown on here and it is working awesome. I had it no where near where it was suppose to be. It now lifts easy and higher. Thanks again for all the help. Jim

Now on to problem #2.

can whlvr

:thumbs: thats good to hear